We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Cruisin’ the Boulevard – East Wash

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was sitting here wondering if there is anyone on the forum who was born and raised in the Madison area, who actually used to (or still does) cruise East Wash on Friday or Saturday nights?

I know my son used to, several years ago, when he first got his license and started driving, but he was not driving his Honda Civic, but was a passenger in a much cooler friends car.

Knowing what we know now about old iron, and classics and cruisers, wouldn’t it be totally cool to have a decent cruiser and be 19 or so again, and be able to afford a tank of gas for cruisin up and down East Wash? Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Marshall

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Let’s just say, I’ve been with my husband for 20+ years now and we used to practically “live” on East Wash when we first started dating and married. I remember the great times we had up there and how upset everyone was when they closed it down. We’ve cruised the boulevard a few times in recent years, but it’s NOTHING like it was years ago. I actually think it can be a bit intimidating to be there with all the kids in their “tuner” cars and never knowing what’s around the corner…. I guess it all boils down to I’m a bit older and wiser and when my heart and wallet sits in the garage shining back at me, I really want it to stay that way. Make any sense? icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, it does. It makes complete sense to me. Like you, I am much older and wiser now, but, I still reminisce about the “good ole days”.

Marshall

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.