Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Current Car Models

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Are there any car models you would like to see discontinued? With the lack of creativity in the way cars are today I think they could discontinue at least 60% of tehm.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Dodge Stratus

GTO Man

I see Dodge is dropping the Magnum. The Charger isn’t a bad looking car but doesn’t look at all like its roots. It is better than what GM did with the GTO though. Good year for GM I see they just wrote off 39 billion. GM and Ford have dug themselves a deep hole and I don’t think they will ever get out.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

i would like to see at least 2 hummer versions dropped, the “new” ford taurus, the chevy cobalt, most “crossover” vehicles (which are nothing more than suv’s that just have a new name to get around emissions classifications). the dodge caliber and nitro, and i dont think that manufacturers need to have 3 sedans that really only differ in minor changes.

it would be nice to see car manufacturers bring some style back…the only new cars that look unique lately (in my opinion) are the 2006+ eclipse, the new nissan gt-r, the audi r8, mazda rx8, the smart car, mini, and anything from ferrari.

jonmandude
    Participant

So basically you say drop everything that isn’t “cool”? I am with you. My first thought was drop everything that is gutless, boxy, or just plain boring. Drop all “commuter cars” in general. Forget fuel economy and build cars with balls.

But the reality is that to the majority of the people the just want reliable, boring gas saving transportation. They don’t enjoy the cars as we do. And those subtle changes from model to model are what keeps them buying new cars. They don’t care how it performs, they only care that it has the newest gadgets.

Heck, to most people cars are disposable, It never ceases to amaze me that it is the most expensive thing you purchase, after real estate property, and people treat it like a disposable flashlight.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    most “crossover” vehicles

I agree. Also, I forgot to mention my favorite, the Honda Element:
    ElementSC_07.jpg

moparkid25
    Participant

Dump the Honda Element.

I would also like to see the Chevy Aveo, anything Saturn, and the Cadillace Escalade EXT thrown to the wolves. There’s no reason Cadillac has to make a $70K truck.

jonmandude
    Participant

I wouldn’t say anything Satrun. I like the Sky, of course that is just a rebadged Vaxhall

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.