Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Current gas prices and its effects

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Have you done anything different since gas prices have taken off? That could include changing your driving style, taking fewer trips, etc.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Driving less, the prices are rediculous now!

GTO Man

I think you are starting to see some of the effects of the inflated price of fuel. People are having to divert a higher percentage of income to fuel leaving less to be spent elsewhere. As we get closer to winter and heating bills start to arrive consumers will be buying less and less. Bankruptcies, already at an all-time high will go higher along with credit card defaults. A recession can’t be too far off.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Not to mention that the new Bankrupcy laws are going in effect now, making it harder for individuals to file bankrupcy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably not going to change anything unless gas hits around 4.00 here. Till then its still the same, my vehicles need gas to run weather i like the price or not

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s definitely an issue, you can’t live without it

Anonymous
    Inactive

prices in the Uk have gone up and down like a rollercoaster in the last 3 months but in the last 1 month they have kind off stabaliszed.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What are they at currently (in euros and dollars)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

$ 1.50 for a litre

GTO Man

I see members of the UAW agreed to pay more for their health care. I believe this even included retired auto workers. It is either that or lose more jobs. It may be too little too late though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a little slower off the line now that gas prices are up. And I have relied on coasting nore, and I’ve cut my speed from 75 in a 65 zone to about 70 icon_cheesygrin.gif

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.