Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Dealership Closings

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Chrysler LLC wants to close 18 Wisconsin dealerships as part of a nationwide move to eliminate 789 dealerships.

Five of the targeted dealerships are in the Milwaukee area and three are in Madison. The rest are spread throughout the state.

The two of Don Miller’s three Madison area Chrysler facilities are slated to close. They are Chrysler Jeep on Wayne Terrace and Dodge East on East Washington Avenue, WISC-TV reported. The third Madison dealership is Russ Darrow’s.

The dealers can appeal the decision announced by Chrysler in a bankruptcy filing Monday in New York. The company said sales are too slow to justify keeping all the dealers open.

I must say I’m shocked to see Don Miller close, what is going to be left for Chrysler? Lots of jobs lost too! :(

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I’m not sure what Stark Automotive is trying to do, but the tactics they are using to lure new customers and customers away from closing dealerships doesn’t seem right.

Earlier in the week Stark said he was expanding his business in part to account for customers that will be up for grabs when Thorstad Chevrolet in Madison loses its GM franchise no later than Oct. 31, 2010.

“Thorstad was a longstanding dealer here for many years,” Stark said. “Somebody is going to have to absorb that. That wasn’t the only reason (for the expansions), but the timing was good for us.”

Today an advertisement indicated Stark in Stoughton and Sun Prairie have been officially notified by GM that they are here to stay and will be part of the all new GM!

Watch… as the best is yet to come.

Up for grabs? What the heck? Maybe it’s because Steve is losing his job, along with 100+ Thorstad employees that have been there for 20-30+ years, but to give yourself a big pat on the pack and walk around with a big head because you’re on the lucky list during these tough times seems like the wrong move to make?

GTO Man

I saw their ad and thought it was out of line. It makes me not want to go there for anything.

moparkid25
    Participant

Those actions from the Stark camp aren’t right. I was in Sun Prairie today and drove past Starks, they have that LED sign out on Main Street programmed with a message saying “here to stay” and something about being with the new GM. Kinda gave me the impression they think they will be the only GM dealer open around here.

Glad my boss isn’t the arrogant type. Everyone at my dealership, though the future offers an increase in business, feels pretty bad about Thorstad and Don Miller. We’ve always had a good working relationship with both dealers for many, many years.

If I worked for Stark, I’d be embarrased and ashamed.

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.