Welcome Forum Car Shows Deforest 2006

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I really enjoyed Deforest this year, the weather was perfect and the turnout was great – 150+ cars! Plus I was able to talk with a couple of the members of the forum here – circletrack and MMRJR. I would give this show a rating of A. This and Automotion have been a great start to the Car Show Season! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Yup, I thought it was great too. Great combo with the car show and the art fair. They were looking for spots to put cars. The last count I heard was 180 and I saw at least 20 cars make a lap and then turn around due to the number of cars there.

They had great event staff to stage the cars, music, door prizes and so on. Also, I thought it was nice to see a couple of bikes and ricer cars there.

I recived about 10 flyers for other car shows, and heard about one up at Lake Wisconsin on July 22nd??? I wouldn’t mind heading tot he lake wisconsin one.

So over all it was a great turn out. sunny.gif

circletrack
    Participant

I gave it an A also. We really enjoyed this show and all it had to offer. The only drawback I heard was some weren’t that happy with the door prizes given (we won a t-shirt BTW). In the past some really big door prizes have been given out at the end of the show encouraging the participants to stay, but we left around 3 and there were plenty of cars still there. A great day, I’ll have to get in touch with the lady who coordinated most of this, I talked to her a few times throughout the day and she was very happy! :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a good point about the door prizes, they really should be something that anyone could generally use – for instance I heard them calling off several times a $5 gift card to a bowling alley in Deforest. Well first you’ve got to like to bowl, and second you have to live in Deforest if you’re going to use that. A better choice might have been a culvers gift card or something

GTO Man

I gave the show an A also. Alot of nice cars and perfect weather. I would think they would be very happy with the turnout. I was surprised they only gave out 50 dash plaques. Of course that may of reflected how many were there last year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also gave the show a rating of “A”.

For a small, local non-judged show, there were many, many cars and most of them were very nicely done. I had a great time, but about 2PM or so, I was starting to get sunburned, so I packed up and left. I couldn’t really hear very well, so I didn’t bother to keep up with the door prize drawings.

It was good to see and speak with Big Block, GTO MAN, Garibaldi, Circletrack. You guys have an awesome collection of cars!!!

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too attend the Deforest Car Show, which I have attended several times in the past. This show was well coordinated and organized. The volunteers worked very hard for a good cause. If was a beautiful day and provided a great opportunity to visit with friends, see friends not seen for awhile and to make a few new friends. To me door prizes and dash plaques are not of any importance. The purpose of this Show and Shine was to raise money for the Fire Department, a very worthwhile cause. The less that has to be spent on dash plaques and door prizes, if donations of door prizes are not received, takes needed funds from the purpose of the show.
    I left Deforest, having had a great day out and the feeling that I had done something good for a good cause. This was a Grade A Show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It was an all around great show! icon_punk.gif

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.