Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Diecast Models

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess we all like to feed our car habit in all shapes and forms. Anybody out there collect diecast models? I like to keep a few around at home and the office to help keep my sanity, especially at the office. 😆

Below is one of my models of the 2003 Mustang Mach I from AutoArt. AutoArt has incredible detail right down to having carpeted flooring. I also have the AutoArt offering of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Quicksilver.

Mach-1-Blue-2.jpg

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I guess we all like to feed our car habit in all shapes and forms. Anybody out there collect diecast models? I like to keep a few around at home and the office to help keep my sanity, especially at the office. 😆

Below is one of my models of the 2003 Mustang Mach I from AutoArt. AutoArt has incredible detail right down to having carpeted flooring. I also have the AutoArt offering of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Quicksilver.

Mach-1-Blue-2.jpg

Wow! That’s a cool background you have for the model too! I have a model of a 1958 Corvette, I’ll grab a pic of it and post it here.

GTO Man

I thought that Mustang was real in that picture. It’s amazing the amount of detail the diecast models have.

I have a number of diecast models, mainly muscle cars. In the last couple of years they have really added many different types of models from the 20’s and 30’s up until today. Quite a variety of prices also, from the $20 range up to 100’s.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am impressed with the image of the car(Mustang) as much as the model itself.

ford6gz.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well I finally got some pics of my corvette… Its a little dusty but here it is:

model.jpg

model1.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll take some pics of some tips and tricks to keep the dust out of the diecast. It’s a cheap mod and adds to the appreciative look of the cars.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ll take some pics of some tips and tricks to keep the dust out of the diecast. It’s a cheap mod and adds to the appreciative look of the cars.

Sounds good! I’d like to hear what they are. My dust is mainly caused by my laziness in not regularly cleaning it! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok folks, here’s a little DIY to keep your diecast models dust free.

Now what I did was purchase a set of stove nuts and bolts that can be found at your local hardware store along with a diecast model display case. I wanted to keep the platform that came with the model and in order to do so I removed the model from the platform and centered it on the base of the display case. Once centered I secure it with some masking tape all throughout to keep from moving. I marked my areas and drilled four holes for the bolts.

Once the holes were drilled and removed the tape, secured the car to the platform and realigned to the platform of the display case. Then I feed the bolts through the holes, secured on the other end with the nuts, place the plastic top and I’m good to go. All I have to do is clean the plastic top instead of going through the entire model with a fine paint brush.

03%20Cobra%204.jpg

03%20Cobra%203.jpg

03%20Cobra%202.jpg

03%20Cobra%201.jpg

02%20Z06%201.jpg

02%20Z06%202.jpg

02%20Z06%203.jpg

hpdog259962
    Participant

Your right, I look real, go figure. dontknow.gif

Quote:
    I thought that Mustang was real in that picture. It’s amazing the amount of detail the diecast models have.

I have a number of diecast models, mainly muscle cars. In the last couple of years they have really added many different types of models from the 20’s and 30’s up until today. Quite a variety of prices also, from the $20 range up to 100’s.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow great tips Mike! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif icon_eek.gif

What a wealth of knowledge!! I’ll have to look around for those displays somewhere, do you know where they might carry them? It should be easy enough to fasten them on there like you say. I think GTO Man might have a problem with his though, he’s got quite a few:
    normal_Garage%20024.jpg

normal_Garage%20025.jpg

normal_Garage%20026.jpg

normal_Garage%20029.jpg

normal_Garage%20030.jpg

normal_Garage%20027.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I’d say GTO Man is going to be very busy. He may have to buy in bulk. icon_eek.gif

The plastic cases can be purchased at your local toy store. A Toys-R-Us or K-B Toys will do the trick.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes, I’d say GTO Man is going to be very busy. He may have to buy in bulk. icon_eek.gif

The plastic cases can be purchased at your local toy store. A Toys-R-Us or K-B Toys will do the trick.

Yeah he’s got his work cut out for him! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I’ll check out toys r us, its right by Best Buy and Office Max so I’ll just swing by the next time I’m out there! thumbsup.gif

GTO Man

I willhave to check those out for the cases. Thanks. Those models certainly can collect the dust.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I willhave to check those out for the cases. Thanks. Those models certainly can collect the dust.

We’ll have to take a whole day to put them all together! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tech Day at GTO Man’s place. On the menu, encasing the diecast models. icon_biggrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Tech Day at GTO Man’s place. On the menu, encasing the diecast models. icon_biggrin.gif

He’ll have to try to entice people to come over to help by offering brats, steak, chips and a pleasant atmosphere icon_cheesygrin.gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.