Welcome Forum Car Shows Do you have time to go to cruise nights?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Do you have time after work on the weekdays to go to cruise nights?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I do, if it doesn’t involve a long drive. I wish something was available on the West side of Madison or the South Side. I would be more inclined to spend a couple of hours at a weeknight cruise-in if there was something more “geographically” friendly.

Marshall

hpdog259962
    Participant

Try to, my probelem is that I forget about them. BangHead.gif

Amigo2k

I like them too mainly because it is a 2 hour or less commitment.

montefrazer
    Participant

Yes, I have 3 weekly shows that are about 15 minutes from me. 1 in Racine and 2 in Milwaukee. There are some places close to me that have a show once a year that I try to get to.

GTO Man

Yes, as long as they are not too far away. Since they are after work during the week the distance makes a big difference.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the location and time, make all the difference in the world!

I like the East Towne Mall area alot, and it’s actually closer than Sun Prairie, but I didn’t make it to any of these cruise-ins last year. Actually, I didn’t make it to any of the weekday cruise-ins in Sun Prairie either. I did make it to the one cruise-in at the Quaker Steak and Lube, but I believe that one was on a Sunday afternoon.

In order for me to be more involved this coming year, I will need to drive the Mustang to work and leave from work for any weekday cruise-ins. The problem is my insurance company (Grundy Worldwide) specifically excludes a collector car that is used as a daily driver, although they do cover cruise-ins and car club activities and events.

Marshall

hpdog259962
    Participant

You might be OK if your INS. Co. says that you can drive it around. If ever pulled over, say you are going to a cruise night or your a just driving. You really aren’t using the car as a daily driver.

Quote:
    I think the location and time, make all the difference in the world!

I like the East Towne Mall area alot, and it’s actually closer than Sun Prairie, but I didn’t make it to any of these cruise-ins last year. Actually, I didn’t make it to any of the weekday cruise-ins in Sun Prairie either. I did make it to the one cruise-in at the Quaker Steak and Lube, but I believe that one was on a Sunday afternoon.

In order for me to be more involved this coming year, I will need to drive the Mustang to work and leave from work for any weekday cruise-ins. The problem is my insurance company (Grundy Worldwide) specifically excludes a collector car that is used as a daily driver, although they do cover cruise-ins and car club activities and events.

Marshall

GTO Man

That is a negative with most insurance companies. Hagerty, the one I use has the same limitation. They just don’t want someone using their classic for a daily driver. I just would not want to give them an excuse for not paying a claim.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    You might be OK if your INS. Co. says that you can drive it around. If ever pulled over, say you are going to a cruise night or your a just driving. You really aren’t using the car as a daily driver.

I have mine insured with State Farm. They have a great plan for collector cars where there is no driving limitations, and the vehicle is insured for full appraisal price.

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

I have mine insured with State Farm. They have a great plan for collector cars where there is no driving limitations, and the vehicle is insured for full appraisal price.

icon_headbang.gif

So I guess they’re being a good neighbor! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.