Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Do You Know of Anyone……

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

who paints cars, as a sideline?

I am asking for a friend who has a vehicle for sale that needs paint, but can’t spend big dollars getting it painted. The budget is around $3K to $4K. My friend is looking for more than a “tape and spray” job. Ideally, the chrome needs to come off, existing paint taken down to bare metal, then primed, painted, cleared and polished.

I recall a couple forum members have used a local MAACO franchise with good results. Any other possibilites out there that are worth considering?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    MMRJR wrote:
    who paints cars, as a sideline?

I am asking for a friend who has a vehicle for sale that needs paint, but can’t spend big dollars getting it painted. The budget is around $3K to $4K. My friend is looking for more than a “tape and spray” job. Ideally, the chrome needs to come off, existing paint taken down to bare metal, then primed, painted, cleared and polished.

I recall a couple forum members have used a local MAACO franchise with good results. Any other possibilites out there that are worth considering?

Thanks

Talk to Rachel, I know last year Stark’s had a special where they were painting collector cars for $2000 or something baseline, with trim R&R and such ala carte. That’s an exterior only, of course.

If they still have that going on, that would be the place to have it done. Both painters there do excellent work!!

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

There is a place in Beaver Dam…begins with an S, but I cant remember it (its a guy’s last name). He does good work and is relatively inexpensive.

But for the amount of work it seems like the project involves…you are going to have a hard time finding a place to do it that cheaply. Even Maco wont take it down to metal for that price.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Eclipse_Tuner wrote:
    There is a place in Beaver Dam…begins with an S, but I cant remember it (its a guy’s last name). He does good work and is relatively inexpensive.

But for the amount of work it seems like the project involves…you are going to have a hard time finding a place to do it that cheaply. Even Maco wont take it down to metal for that price.

Can you find any additional info on the guy in Beaver Dam? He may be just the kind of guy my friend is looking for.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.