Welcome Forum Car Shows Do you take your pet to a car show

• Creator
    Topic
    intmdatr3
    Participant

I would like to know if you take your pet to a car show. My wife and I attend 10-12 shows each year a we take our dog with us. Remind you our dog is well behaved and we clean up after our dog no matter where we are. This past weekend we went to sister bay, wi for a car show. We were invited to show are car in the parade and cruise down main street . It was great lots of ohhs and ahhs as we cruised main street. When we got to the show area I put my car in coral to show and my wife and mom were going to meet me there with the dog. When she got to the coral she was denied entrance with the dog. So the man in charge said they could not come in dogs where not allowed. So we left the show. What makes me mad we inquired when we got the flyer for the show and asked about pets they said yes. We drove 120 miles to show then left. My question is do you take your pet.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

To be entirely honest, we dont bring ours, and applaud shows that dont allow pets in or bicycles. I’ve seen it happen too many times that a pet scratches a car at a show, or a kid’s handlebar hits a mirror…

I totally understand your frustration though if you were told that you could bring your dog, and then have it denied entrance.

GTO Man

I definitely don’t like seeing bikes at car shows. I haven’t seen any pets get out of hand at a show so I don’t have an issue with pets as long as they are on leashes and under control. At Sister Bay yhey never should of told you that it was alright to bring a pet if it wasn’t.

circletrack
    Participant

Being honest here, I don’t think pets belong at shows. There are far too many people (including children) that don’t understand not every dog wants attention. I also think when it’s hot, humid and downright miserable for people, I can only imagine what that poor animal is feeling like walking on grass that feels like straw and blacktop hot enough to fry and egg on…

Many shows advertise no pets but people bring them anyhow, I’m sorry if this show told you differently. Sometimes I think it’s a liability issue also.

moparkid25
    Participant

I’m actually suprised this question was asked!

I do not agree with pets at car shows. I don’t even let my dog in the garage 1. because I don’t want him near my car and 2. chemicals. It bothers me and makes me uneasy at shows where people are walking around with there dogs no matter the size. Bicycles also bother me. I love my dog like a family member, but I don’t take him every where I go anymore.

Well behaved or not, sometimes you have to think of others before you think of yourself.

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pets at car shows is unacceptable. It’s bad enough that you have spectators who don’t have any consideration for the care of others’ property and will touch your car, or lean on it, etc. I was at a show in Lone Rock a few years ago where I come back to my car after getting some food and theres a guy letting his kid sit in the drivers seat!! Then another guy starts messing with my carb linkage under the hood!! The same is with pets, or dogs as is what you see at most shows. A dog, no matter what the size, could escape it’s owners command and cause damage to a vehicle…no matter how well behaved it may be.

moparkid25
    Participant

Kids carrying skateboards is another thing that bothers me, along with chain drive wallets and keys and anything else people can find to hang off there pants that could damage a car.

icon_headbang.gif

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

OHHH…thats a good one…chained wallets, large keychains/rings, and studded leather coats. but yeah…im in no way a fan of pets at shows

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.