We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Drag Strips

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Having not brought a car to a drag strip before what do you recommend as far as setup, etc?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One of the key factors is to remove as much weight as you can. When I went to the track I would always make sure that I have a 1/4 tank of gas in the tank and removed the spare tire and jack. The spare tire and jack usuallys weighs around 40 lbs.

If you plan to drag race using street tires, lower the psi on the rear tires to 23-25 psi. It will help maximize your contact patch. The drag strip should have an air hose avaliable for you to fill up the tires when you leave. Also make sure that there’s a gas station close to the strip so you can fill up. If you are trailoring in the car then no worries.

Also bring a cooler full of icebags and towels. You will want to have this handy between runs so you can apply the icebags to the intake. I don’t know how much of a difference it will make but I see people apply icebags to the outer housing of the intake all the time between their runs.

I’m sure I have more and will add when the information comes back to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Having not brought a car to a drag strip before what do you recommend as far as setup, etc?

Depends are you going to race for fun or for competition? If you are just racing for fun just make sure your ride meets all the required safety measures for the time your car will run.

14.00 and slower= coolant catch can, seat belts, & Nuetral saftey switch

13.99-12.00= same as above plus a Helmet

I doubt either one of your cars will faster than 12’s so I am not going to list them all unless you want to see them all.

GTO Man

Thanks everyone for the tips. I would like to get to a track this summer sometime.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.