Welcome Forum The Lounge Drug Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

They can go to hell as far as I am concerned, all the commercials you see on TV are research to them. WHAT A JOKE.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Hmmm, who whizzed in your Cheerios?

GTO Man

I just have an issue with companies that categorize the marketing of their products as research. I’m not sure but I think there would be a tax advantage to categorizing something as research as opposed to marketing. Drug commercials should be limited, too many people actually believe them and demand the products from their doctors.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Since I have to have certain drugs, I usually ask my doctor what his opinion is regarding the best treatment. I don’t go in there with some great new thing I saw on TV. I trust him to give me the best medicine for me. The clinic I go to does not allow drug companies to hype their products by giving doctors perquisites or goodies.

GTO Man

Your clinic is the exception rather than the rule. Too many Doctors and drug companies have too cozy a relationship. Ordering needless tests, prescribing too many drugs, not keeping patients informed, has become the norm in many settings.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Which is why I don’t go to anything related to Aurora Health

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.