Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Edgerton Toabacco Days Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Bigbluetruck
    Participant

Just got the flyer for this years Edgerton tobacco days car show.No classes this year.Trophies for things like best paint, best engine,long distance,oldest car, commitees choice, judges choice,best of show etc. Looks like this show is going the way of the dinosars. :( :woohoo:

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Also known as. they don’t have enough judges (or qualified judges who actually know what they are looking at) and want to make things easier. This show is such a fun location, but everything else about it – no thanks

Gunner
    Participant

Isn’t it interesting how great minds think alike! That was the first thing that I noticed when I looked at the flyer. What, no classes? What in the world is going on in Edgerton? I think we can all agree that this show has been controversial for the past few years – so I shouldn’t have been so shocked to see this show’s format changing. Ultimately, what is going to happen is there will be a large number of cars and trucks competing for a handful of trophies. I’m not sure how that will actually play out.

I am surprised, however, that this show did not become a modified participant pick show modeled after the Spring Green show or Janesville’s Jesus Built My Hot Rod show.

Just my two cents worth……

moparkid25
    Participant

I can only echo the comments from circletrack and Gunner about the Edgerton show.

Its a nice setting, there’s a lot of cool places to visit in that town with a lot of history (my ex’s house is not one of them :whistle: ), but when it comes down to this show a lot of issues with judging have been present. Now, to play devils advocate, maybe offering a handful of trophies for best of’s is a move to salvage what used to be a good show? Not only is it easier for the staff, especially if they’re drunk by awards time again, but taking a lot of the competition out of it makes it a more laid back atmosphere in my opinion. Plus, when you have a show thats scattered all over a downtown setting, you got cars parked everywhere, so I don’t think some vehicles even get judged.

Would I go back? Only if the show was under “New Management.” I like how JBMHR does the modified participant pick, I haven’t been to that show in a few years as it usually falls on the same day as the Springdale Church show in Mt. Horeb.

As someone who’s had 95 point show cars and driver quality cars, I can say I have more fun with a driver quality car. Not only can you enjoy it more, but its more humbling when you do win an award.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.