Welcome Forum Car Shows Elkhorn Aug 4-5, 2007

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – I can’t say I saw any signs in town on where to turn at, so I just followed the car ahead of me.

Parking Location – Grass

Class Organization – They stuck me in a random spot with some 1930-1940’s cars. The other cars had a class system. In Jefferson they at least have a spot for imports.

Trophies & Prizes -No Trophies, they would pick 5 door prize winners an hour, and post the name. Prizes were Wizard car detail products.

Food – Just burgers, brats, dogs and huge ice cream bars

Entertainment – none. no PA system on

Judging – NA

Dash Plaque – Nice big one.

Variety of Cars – There were about 250-300 show cars and 100-150 for sale cars. One of my favorite cars for sale was a Chrysler New York for 4500.00.

Bathrooms – I can’t say I saw any porta johns, but I thought what they had was ok.

Weather – overcast, humid. They gave out dash plaques at 1PM and then I hit the road home and the last 30 minutes I had to drive in the rain (oh well, 2 hours later all the spots are off it)

Trophy Presentation Timing – na

Entry Fee – 6 bucks per person.

Overall Rating:B+

It would be nice to see a few more national vendors there. I did find a guy that was selling the plastic lockable flooring. It was used, and he had sections that were 3×3 in a 4×6 tailer. He was selling it for 25 cents a SQF. Colors were gray and blueish gray.

[img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/nyc.JPG[/img]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Class Organization – They stuck me in a random spot with some 1930-1940’s cars. The other cars had a class system. In Jefferson they at least have a spot for imports.

Hm… that leaves something to be desired. At least they could have put you in a 1950s class!

Sounds like a good show and good turnout for Elkhorn. Did you find yourself retreating to the shade under the bleachers and in the swap area, or was it not too hot? I remember a couple years ago the heat made it almost unbearable! sunny.gif

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.