Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Exhaust Systems

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What are your favorite sytems as far as performance and sound, ? On a couple of the cars we run flowmasters, they have a great sound.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m going to have to get some video of those flowmasters, its great stuff!!! (with audio of course!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

borla for me .. i have to find a tape recorder lol sounds good in a cruiser but thats just me.. needs a better blow off valve and headers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any brand that gives the engine a good low rumble is fine by me. But please no rice-burner types that sound like the car is farting it’s way down the road. Last summer while driving to work a rice rocket blew my me in the left lane sounding like the loudest farts imaginable were coming out the rear 4″ muffler! Two young girls in a car in the right lane pointed and were laughing out loud at the car , so I know I am not the only one out there. Didn’t these kids ever hear what a REAL exhaust sounds like?
    Jeff

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Any brand that gives the engine a good low rumble is fine by me. But please no rice-burner types that sound like the car is farting it’s way down the road. Last summer while driving to work a rice rocket blew my me in the left lane sounding like the loudest farts imaginable were coming out the rear 4″ muffler! Two young girls in a car in the right lane pointed and were laughing out loud at the car , so I know I am not the only one out there. Didn’t these kids ever hear what a REAL exhaust sounds like?
    Jeff

:haha: Great story! thumbsup.gif I agree, the exaust should have a deep rumble sound to it. I’ll try and grab some audio to post on here as an example.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m afraid I don’t know quite what a “real” exhaust sounds like, so I’d appreciate a clip to enlighten me. I’ve seen a lot of cars with huge exhausts to make them sound like they have huge engines, but no matter how hard they try they can’t escape the fact that it is in fact a clapped-out old 1.2l that has seen better days.

Personally, I prefer my car to run as quietly as possible, without strangling performance. I have nothing against a good-sounding exhaust but I can’t understand why some people need a really loud exhaust.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m afraid I don’t know quite what a “real” exhaust sounds like, so I’d appreciate a clip to enlighten me. I’ve seen a lot of cars with huge exhausts to make them sound like they have huge engines, but no matter how hard they try they can’t escape the fact that it is in fact a clapped-out old 1.2l that has seen better days.

Personally, I prefer my car to run as quietly as possible, without strangling performance. I have nothing against a good-sounding exhaust but I can’t understand why some people need a really loud exhaust.

I’ll post some audio. Unfortunately I forgot my camera last night, which would have been a perfect opportunity. BangHead.gif But I still have some other good video I think. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use the DynoMax UltraFlow exhaust system. The mufflers are a straight through design and provides a deep tone and will get pretty loud when you get on it.

DynoMax UltraFLow Sound

I love the sound of Flowmaster but one thing that bothers me is the drone at around 2200-2500 rpms while cruising. I had to go with something that’s a sleeper sounding at crusing speeds but will wake people up if I have to.

One thing I cannot stand are ricers running with the coffee can exhaust. They don’t realize it’s more annoying than anything else.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I use the DynoMax UltraFlow exhaust system. The mufflers are a straight through design and provides a deep tone and will get pretty loud when you get on it.

DynoMax UltraFLow Sound

I love the sound of Flowmaster but one thing that bothers me is the drone at around 2200-2500 rpms while cruising. I had to go with something that’s a sleeper sounding at crusing speeds but will wake people up if I have to.

One thing I cannot stand are ricers running with the coffee can exhaust. They don’t realize it’s more annoying than anything else.

Yeah the sounds with flowmasters is incredible, I love it. :drool:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    But please no rice-burner types that sound like the car is farting it’s way down the road. Last summer while driving to work a rice rocket blew my me in the left lane sounding like the loudest farts imaginable were coming out the rear 4″ muffler! Two young girls in a car in the right lane pointed and were laughing out loud at the car , so I know I am not the only one out there. Didn’t these kids ever hear what a REAL exhaust sounds like?
    Jeff

My good man, you should have been a poet!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have to listen to those farting ricers all day too.

Back in the ’70s we used Thrush mufflers, and when people
    started to complain we switched to Hush Thrush.

A quick Google search found Thrush, but I don’t know
    if they still sound the same as they did.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    I have no real favorites , as brand name . The above mentioned are all great sounding exhaust and a deep throaty sound for me works . The high pitch sewing machine sound that causes an itch in my lower ear cannal seems to bring out the
    ( cut of your head with a tooth brush ) feeling.
    Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif
    As far as a for Mike I think he would enjoy an exhuast sys- called (POWER EFFECTS) . It is a totaly tunable exhuast with an anodized knob that can be hoocked up to an remote inside your car. Wide open it gives threw a 3″ flow a nice big cube high comprssion tone , as you cruise you can turn them at interval clicks
    to flow the exhuast threw an insolated chamber, which give a nice comfortable sound thats not deaffining. I will get some photo’s of a set I have in stock , they are cast aluminum and well built and rrealy when your done not much more than a good brand name exhaust. icon_biggrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Wide open it gives threw a 3″ flow

icon_eek.gif I’d love to hear that running! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    I have a link For the sound It was a bit quiet when I played it .

http://www.powereffects.com/indexmain.html

Hope it works better for you guy’s

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds good! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.