Welcome Forum Car Shows fake plastic chrome trim and color inserts

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

Here’s another one of my tricks, as of now there are not Reproduction body parts for my cars, so I have to make do from either a junkyard or like someone said in my other post, think outside of the box. The chrome bumper strips on my 81 were yellowed and the plastic casing was pealed off. so what to do, the boys at the chrysler dealership had no luck. all they are good for anymore is Oil filters.

so I got to thinking, for model cars I use chrome foil around the windows, and I thought hmm I could do this and it would look great, so off to the walmart again. I went through the tape isle and found foil tape!!!, perfect choice, so I went home and grabbed my hobby knife and performed the same thing on my bumper strips. I Must say it turned out amazing with only a couple of wrinkles. While I was it, I took a foam brush and painted the white inserts the correct color (VW3 Pearl white) it freshened them up very nicely and the match is 100 percent. As a college student I guess you do have to think outside the box.

for 5.00 I got brand new bumper chrome.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

…and that is how it is done, folks. Good job kcarguy.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.