Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Famous people and cars

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What famous people have been closely associated with cars and why?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well Frank Sinatra comes to mind, with his classic tbird:
    Sinatra.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is way off topic, but what the hey? My neighbor has a husky that my daughter pet sits frequently with the most beatiful set of sky blue eyes ever to grace an animal. Any guesses what the name is of my neighbor’s husky and who he is named after????

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

back on topic – sorry mmrjr

Well how about Hasselhoff and the knight rider car????

knightrider.jpg

Well as for real life didn’t SCHWARZENNEGER do a campaign for HUMMER???? Or was he just mentioned a lot?

Don’t forgot the rapper and the CHRYSLER 300. Snoop Dogg was it???

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    This is way off topic, but what the hey? My neighbor has a husky that my daughter pet sits frequently with the most beatiful set of sky blue eyes ever to grace an animal. Any guesses what the name is of my neighbor’s husky and who he is named after????

Marshall

Henry Ford? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Quote:
    Well as for real life didn’t SCHWARZENNEGER do a campaign for HUMMER???? Or was he just mentioned a lot?

Arnold: “I like the hummer, it is strong and has a lot of gas, just like me!”
    :haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, actually the husky is named Sinatra, after Frank Sinatra “Ole Blue Eyes” himself.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    No, actually the husky is named Sinatra, after Frank Sinatra “Ole Blue Eyes” himself.

Marshall

Wow what a coincidence!!! I was going to post Sinatra, I even had it typed but then I deleted it in favor of Ford! :doh: I guess I better go with my instinct!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love KITT the night rider car an am a huge fan of the show back in the 80s! Wanted to build a kitt replica as they have the dash kit and light kits for it but never found a correct car in decent shape enough to do it

Quote:

knightrider.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I love KITT the night rider car an am a huge fan of the show back in the 80s! Wanted to build a kitt replica as they have the dash kit and light kits for it but never found a correct car in decent shape enough to do it

Quote:

knightrider.jpg

That would be cool to build a replicar! icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

The dash and steering wheel kit is like 1500 itself, now trying to find the correct wheels for it is another thing!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The dash and steering wheel kit is like 1500 itself, now trying to find the correct wheels for it is another thing!

😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually the pulsing light would be illegal in many states nowa days. At least in Michigan I think its against the law to have highlight lights underneath the car or other distracting “nonessentials”. As cool as they are they are distracting at night.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jay Leno has the mother of all car collections and I see him on car show’s all the time showing off what he has.
    But he also has off the wall stuff, like the mouth watering Ford Festiva SHOGUN, its a Ford Festiva with a SHO engine mounted in the trunk, he has 2! http://www.supercars.net/garages/Dodge%20Spirit%20RT/1v2.html
    He also has a bunch of old steamers, hot rods, and from what I understand everything in his collection is drivable and he does drive them once in awhile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He was on HOME IMPROVEMENT one time with his car collection. He even made a cameo as a janitor cleaning the cars :D

GTO Man

Here is a pic from Vega$ from the late 70’s.vegas7uv.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That picture is really small, is anyone else having this problem?

The thing about Jay Leno which is really nice is that he doesn’t just collect cars – he works on them and knows all about them too. :salut:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.