We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Farewell, Mr. Goodwrench

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He’s hawked General Motors parts and service since the mid 1970s, sponsored NASCAR racing, and has been parodied by comedians Stephen Colbert and Jan Leno. But the iconic Mr. Goodwrench will be no more. A leaner GM says Mr. Goodwrench will be replaced Feb. 1 by brand-specific labels, such as Chevrolet Certified Service. GM has closed Pontiac, Hummer, Saab and Saturn and wants to focus marketing and advertising dollars on its surviving brands – Chevrolet, Buick, GM and Cadillac.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

They were supposed to show up and cover our ‘Goodwrench’ signs with banners today, but I have yet to see them. We’ll be changing them permanently in the spring to ‘Chevrolet Certified Service.’

We just got new Goodwrench uniforms last year too… So we’ll be changing them again in coming weeks I presume.

Even though all the vehicles are made my GM, I like how they are going to promote the vehicles brand specific :) It will be like the 60’s muscle car era all over again… Except Chevy is the only line offering performance cars :) :)

lordairgtar
    Participant

Cadillac offers performance cars.

RivFan
    Participant

Buick too! (upcoming Regal GS)

GTO Man

I love the Cadillac CTS, especially with the V8. The one that Swayze drove in The Beast was cool.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.