Welcome Forum The Lounge Favorite Babylon 5 Episode

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Inspired by Mike!!

What is your favorite Babylon 5 episode and why?

Personally I really enjoyed many many of the episodes so I’ll just list a few here:

And All My Dreams Torn Asunder: In this episode everyone finds out that it is the Centauri (or rather the Drakh) fleet destroying civilian ships. Then the Alliance wavers on the brink of annihilation as the Centauri withdraw their membership and war breaks out…

Sleeping in Light: Although this is a very very sad episode, I really enjoy it. It is possibly the most powerful hour of television I have ever seen. The acting, story, and effects are phenomenal. Very very well done!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot the name of the episode but it occuried in season 3. Babylon 5 and another Earth colony (Orion I believe) leave the Earth Alliance in protest of the recent actions of Earth Gov. Earth Gov sends an attack force in order to cause a surrender. All seems to be lost when all of a sudden an Alliance fleet led by the Minbari appears to challenge the Earth attack force.

Knowing that this was a battle that they could not win, Earth forces withdraw and the landscape of Babylon 5 is changed. Not only are they dealing with growing force of the shadows but the conflict with Earth and the Centari/Narn war paved the war for some of the best resolution screen writing that I have ever watched.

I liked this episode because it showed that not everything is rosey with the Earth Alliance. There were issues and problems that eventually came to a head and Captain Sheradian was face with a decision that could make him either a hero or a traitor. The end result was both with the traitor label hanging around for a little while.

In past sci-fi shows the writers would label Earth or those affliations with Earth as the perfect and righteous. To see a show that didn’t embrace that concept was refreshing.

Sheridain’s speech to annouch B5’s succession from the Earth Allilance was compelling and one of those scenes you do not mind watching over and over again.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I also enjoy that aspect of the series. I haven’t seen the 3rd season but I’ve ordered it and its on its way. I like how at the end of the episodes the status quo hasn’t been restored, and the characters aren’t perfect. For example Michael Garibaldi had a relapse of his drinking problem in the 5th season. This drags on for several episodes and he doesn’t quickly recover, until Lise comes and Sherdian finds out. It shows that these guys are human and make mistakes. Londo is another great example of this.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.