Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Favorite Car Manufacturer (Why?)

• Creator
    Topic
    hpdog259962
    Participant

Simple AMC, Simple, The American Underdog made good reliable cars at a very good price, Nash & Hudson were very good as well before the merger in ’54

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i aint got no wheelz, i only got rimz and two feets, and pedals that get me nowherez fast, and i always get the sores from peddaling too longz

Inappropriate content removed
    A suggestion, please post in more correct english, it is hard to read these posts.
    -Garibaldi

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Oh this is a tough one. I like alot of different manufacturers, mainly because many of them brought different styles to the table and different designs. All of which were very unique and creative. I admire Chevorlet for their creation of the Covette, especially the Stingray. I also appreciate Pontiac for creating the GTO and subsequently the GTO Judge. Also I really like the Ford mustangs, especially the shelby cobras. All in all I think each manufacturer brings something unique to the industry that is really irreplaceable! jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Although I voted for Ford, I have a love/hate relationship with the company. The Mustang offers great bang for the buck value but I wish they would do more for their other products. Despite it’s downsized status, GM stills offers a variety of cars and trucks that caters to the taste of the consumer. They do a better job of listening to the consumer than the blue oval. Then again maybe I am expecting too much when Henry Ford said his infamous words, “They can have any color they want so long as it is black”.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Although I voted for Ford, I have a love/hate relationship with the company. The Mustang offers great bang for the buck value but I wish they would do more for their other products. Despite it’s downsized status, GM stills offers a variety of cars and trucks that caters to the taste of the consumer. They do a better job of listening to the consumer than the blue oval. Then again maybe I am expecting too much when Henry Ford said his infamous words, “They can have any color they want so long as it is black”.

I also like the old Fords (Tbirds :drool:) but their more recent cars IMO seem to lack the quality control that they used to have. They just don’t seem to be putting out as good of a product as they used to. 😉

montefrazer
    Participant

No vote on this one. I’ve owned a little bit of everything over the years and have liked them all.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep, same problem with me, I like them all. 😉

hpdog259962
    Participant
    Quote:
    No vote on this one. I’ve owned a little bit of everything over the years and have liked them all.

That works for me. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everone! My name is Andrew, and I’m new here, introduced by Garibaldi.
    My favorite is Porsche.
    Although I love GM cars (sorry Ford fanboys), I think some Europeans cars just have better quality and better performance without all the excess horsepower.

As for Porsche, it has real quality tuning for all its cars, thus the cornering is just great. The engine is not neccessarily that big, but it accelerates faster than most cars due to the sports car design and light weight.
    I think we should love a car Manufacturer for its engineering skills and useability, and Porsche has done pretty well on the high end side.

However, I’m that rich, so neither me, nor my family owns one. We do have a Benz on lease though. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    My favorite is Porsche.
    Although I love GM cars (sorry Ford fanboys), I think some Europeans cars just have better quality and better performance without all the excess horsepower.

As for Porsche, it has real quality tuning for all its cars, thus the cornering is just great. The engine is not neccessarily that big, but it accelerates faster than most cars due to the sports car design and light weight.
    I think we should love a car Manufacturer for its engineering skills and useability, and Porsche has done pretty well on the high end side.

However, I’m that rich, so neither me, nor my family owns one. We do have a Benz on lease though. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Hey Andrew, great to see you made it!!! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif wave.gif

Its nice that you like Porsches, we need some more European car representation here! thumbsup.gif

Welcome!!! icon_happygroup.gif :band: :band2: :waves: :nos:

hpdog259962
    Participant

Welcome. Glad you could make it.

Quote:
    My favorite is Porsche.

GTO Man

It is hard to pick one favorite manufacturer. I like cars from all of them. They all have had their highlights and lowlights. It’s too bad that some who have fallen by the wayside aren’t still producing cars.

hpdog259962
    Participant

You wonder what they would be producing now.

Like Tucker, AMC, Studebaker, Even Oldsmobile (This one might be easy).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like Mopar so I put Chrysler …including Dodge and Plymouth icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I like Mopar so I put Chrysler …including Dodge and Plymouth icon_cheesygrin.gif

“Mopar or No Car!” :salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed hotdog mentioned Tucker and that’s the
    company I would also choose.

One word……innovation.

I don’t like what happened to Tucker, but maybe his
    automotive skills were just a tad better than his business skills.

However we did gain some of the devices that were in his car. icon_biggrin.gif

I had an entire post on Tucker but it was lost
    when Baldi crashed this website!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.