Welcome Forum Car Shows Favorite Show for 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What was your favorite car show from 2008 and why? Was it the sheer number or variety of cars? Was it the location? The music? Or maybe the friends that you saw there?

Please tell us what your favorite show was and your details for why it win’s your “best of” pick! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I would have to say the Beaver Dam Swan City show is my favorite. Its a great setting, good judging and class breakdowns, and usually has a huge number of cars.

The HOH show is a close second…The class organization and parking is good, the location is good, and the judging is good.

moparkid25
    Participant

Since I didn’t attend many shows this year, I would have to say that looking back my favorite show was The Dells. Even with sky-high gas prices the turnout was still amazing! I spent the entire weekend with good friends, drank a few too many Leinenkugels :doh: , and had a great time even though some rain was caught off and on. It was very enjoyable for me and also very relaxing.

Other shows that I attended where I enjoyed myself was the Lancaster show, Mopars on the Mississippi, and Beloit’s Crime Stoppers Cruise Night.

With a troubled economy, and some other un-decided decisions as of late, I’m not sure what next season will bring for myself and/or a new toy if any.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It must be Iola. It’s always been my favorite. The size, the variety, I always see something different. I only wish they’d except cars 25 yrs and up. Oh well cn’t have everything.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Corn roast in FDL. Lot’s of cool cars and things to do.

GTO Man

There were many enjoyable shows this year. Jefferson is a nice way to kick off the year.Automotion is the first big show of the year around here. It is always a good time. In June I enjoyed the Monroe and the show at Promega. It is hard to beat Iola. How many places do you get that many cars and people in one place for a weekend. Blanchardville was a good time, the weather even cooperated. Edgerton, Spring Green, and Pardeeville were also memorable days.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hands down, the Jesus Built My Hot Rod show in Janesville is my pick.

I like the location (an easy drive from Madison), the space available to park hundreds of cars on grass, but most importantly, the people running that show. They were genuinely happy to have each and every car and they went out of their way to make the show as good as it could be. It was obvious that much more money was spent on this show by the sponsors than was taken in at the gate.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

We attended many shows this year, some were good and others need work. Normally I enjoy the Pardeeville show, but Steve & I judged this year and by the time we got done doing that it was around 2:30 and the day pretty much shot. I don’t know if we’ll do that again next year….

The Spring Green show is always a favorite, the drive in the morning is nice, the location perfect and the organizers are more than happy to see everyone and let you know that. It’s grown considerably in the last couple years.

Automotion always starts off the year for us, I wish we’d get one year with good weather BOTH days though! :) It is a nice weekend away and great to see so many cars out and about.

We are lucky to have to many shows close to home, the summer always seems to go quickly! :(

Amigo2k

I liked the watertown show, because it has a nice variety of cars and other events that are going on at the same time (Bands, rides, art fair, tons of food choices)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ryan,
    You would have liked the “Father Marquette Days” Show in Montello, for the very same reasons. Even though it was smaller than Watertown, there was a nice parade through town that ended at the car show, in addition to all the other features that you like in a car show – food, festivities, entertainment, etc.

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.