Welcome Forum The Lounge Favorite Star Trek Episodes

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I figure that since many of us are great Star Trek fans who are disappointed in how Enterprise left us, maybe we should share our favorite Trek episodes. For me,

The Original Series: “The City On The Edge Of Forever” This was the episode in which members of the crew passed through a gateway that transfered them to a different place and time somewhere in the universe.

The Next Generation: “The Best Of Both Worlds” Parts 1 & 2 The Borg kidnaps Captain Piccard and transform him into Lecutus. The crew of the Enterprise must rescue Piccard and stop the Borg before they take over Earth

Deep Space Nine: “Trails and Tribble-ations” The DS9 crew on the unwilling Defiant travels back in time to the Federation Outpost K7. In an effort to capture the older Garvin, they have run-ins with the crew of the original Enterprise.

Voyager: None

Enterprise: N/A

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Great topic Mike!!! thumbsup.gif Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Wow, TNG is going to be tough!

TOS:
    I agree with Mike, I really liked “The City On The Edge of Forever.”

TNG:
    Wow, there are a lot of great episodes, I’ll list a few:
    Deja Q: The mysterious being known only as Q (John de Lancie) returns to the Enterprise, but he has lost all his powers since the Q Continnum banned him and took them away. He then comes to the Enterprise and tries to live as a normal, mortal human

Relics: In this episode the Enterprise discovers a Dyson Sphere – a metallic sphere that encompasses an entire star, harnessing all of its energy – and finds a starfleet ship crashed into it. They they find someone is left in the transporter – in a loop – it turns out to be Scotty from TOS!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

DS9:
    Haven’t watched too much of it, I do like Trials and Tribbleations though! thumbsup.gif

VGR:
    Hm… this is hard, I’ve seen all of them, I’ll have to get back to you on this

ENT:
    Regeneration: These guys on Earth find pieces of the Borg ship that was destroyed while attempting to stop Zefram Cochrane from making First Contact in Star Trek: First Contact. They they commandeer Enterprise.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had the opportunity to read some background behind “The City On The Edge Of Forever” episode. Apparantly there were issues between the writer and Gene Roddenberry. One of the issues I recalled was that Spock was going to be introduced to an illegal drug on the world they were transferred to. This was a taboo topic for Hollywood to tackle at the time and Roddenberry didn’t want to do anything that would give NBC a reason to cancel the series.

That one issues and a few others surrounding the episodes production still causes deep rifts among the original writers and producers to this day.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow that is really interesting! Its ironic that such a good episode caused such controversy. I knew that Roddenberry and some of the writers didn’t get along, but I had no idea it was like this! icon_eek.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

The original series – can’t really say as I I’ve still only seen about a dozen of the original episodes….

TNG – THE INNER LIGHT. By far the most touching of all of them. The one where PICARD lives a whole lifetime in twenty minutes after coming into contact with an alien shuttle.

DS9 – That one where JAKE SISKO loses his father to an accident and lives his life without hime. But he reappears occasionally. Jake figures it out and kills himself when they’re together at the end so his father would live. It was very touching and WORF’s BROTHER played the old JAKE.

VOYAGER – Maybe the one where BELANA tells PARIS she loves him. You know the one they have to recover the WARP CORE after it was jettisoned.

ENTERPRISE – NONE.

Kevin

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Kevin,

Those are all very good episodes episodes as well, that DS9 one was very touching! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

TONY TODD – That’s the actor who played Worf’s Brother. Just remembered. He’s done a ton of STAR TREK aliens. Very good actor in my opinion.

Kevin

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Haha great you remembered! Wait which one? The real one or half brother?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

The Klingon one :)

Kevin

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for telling me! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.