Welcome Forum The Lounge Favre is Retiring – Yippee

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Favre, please go away and don’t come back. Time to forget about football and stay in Mississippi.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Maybe Ted Thompson was right? Brett should stayed retired. Playing for the Jets only proved that he was done, not that he could still play. Kind of like Montana in KC

lordairgtar
    Participant

But he will still be known as one of the greats of the game. You can’t take that away from him, regardless of his actions of the past couple of years.

GTO Man

I agree, Favre was a great quarterback and that will never be taken away from him. It was just a disappointment the way the relationship with the Packers ended. There is blame on both sides, Favre and that very odd Ted Thompson.

jonmandude
    Participant

After the way Favre played in New York, can you still blame Ted Thompson? I don’t want to take anything away from Brett Favre. He was, and will always be, the best the Packers have ever seen, and maybe even the best the NFL has ever seen, but Ted Thompson said that his reasoning for offering Brett money to not play was in the best interest of not tarnishing Brett’s legacy. The year in New York did take a little shine off of Brett. Younger players actually criticized him and suggested that he should have been benched. Maybe Ted could foresee something like that happening and was trying to protect Favre?

It is never easy to face the fact that you can’t do what you want, when you could for so long. As we all get older, we have to face that more and more. As a person in my mid-forties I am facing that now. My mind tells me that I can still do everything I used to, my body tells me different. As a manager, I face telling people that they just aren’t right for what I need. I can see both Brett Favre’s and Ted Thompson’s positions. Brett wanted to show Ted up and prove that he was still the great talent that his mind was telling. Ted had the difficult task of telling a great talent, that has done so much for the team, that he was no longer able to do what he had done for so long. No one would have wanted anything more than to see Brett Favre in the number 4 Green and gold jersey forever, but that wasn’t realistic.

circletrack
    Participant

I also think it’s time for Brett to retire and spend time with family, but that will be very difficult to do. Think about it, football has been his life for the majority of his life and to simply turn that off seems impossible. I’d love to see him come back as some sort of coach ~ lord knows he knows how to play and throw a football! :)

moparkid25
    Participant

You’ll see him on ESPN or FOX Sports by next season.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.