Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Filmakers Looking for 30’s era cars…

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Given the current weather and forecasted weekend weather, I would be very surprised to see anyone locally show up with their car…

MADISON, Wis. — Filmmakers are dropping another big hint that the movie “Public Enemies,” starring Johnny Depp, will have major portions shot in Wisconsin.

They set up a location in Madison this weekend for people to bring classic cars, trucks and buses from 1930 to 1935 for possible use in the film.

Howard Bachrach is supervising the vehicle search for Universal Studios. He said filming is due to start March 9 and continue through the end of June.

Depp will play Depression-era bank robbery John Dillinger, who was killed by FBI agents in Chicago in 1934.

Bachrach said likely filming locations in Wisconsin include Madison, Milwaukee, Oshkosh and the Little Bohemia resort at Manitowish Waters in northern Wisconsin.

The filmmakers have applied with the state Department of Commerce to use recently enacted financial incentives to shoot major parts of the movie in Wisconsin, but the deal isn’t final.

Bachrach invited anyone with a classic vehicle to come to the Madison location between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday. It is in the 200 block of West Mifflin Street, between the Overture Center and the main library.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Soing some shots at Little Bohemia and Al Capone’s cabin in Northern Wisconsin would be cool for a movie spot. My dad took me and my brother there when we were kids thumbsup.gif

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.