Welcome Forum Car Shows Find Local Automotive Businesses

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How do you find local automotive businesses, either for repair/restoration on your vehicle or for purchase/sale of a car? We would like to help make it easier to find talented Wisconsin automotive businesses.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Some things to look for and consider are;
    If going for restoration/repair, be sure to get an estimate ahead of time as per WI consumer laws.
    If the business is an LLC, the owners assets are protected from lawsuits. If the business goes bankrupt the owners assets are protected.
    Check with the WI consumer protection agency for complaints and problems that they might be aware of with a certain business.
    There is a lot of talent out there, but be sure to protect yourself first, then choose someone.
    BBB is a good resource also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good question. As Co-owner of RPM in Poynette, I am always looking for more suggestions in this topic also. After trying different advetising programs to get the name out I found the phonebook to be the biggest waste. I just think people dont use the phonebook when it comes to niche type businesses. In a tight knit community, like the classic car world is) word of mouth is the biggest and best source but that can limit you also. It is next to impossible to afford and justify the money it takes to get a vendor spot at a larger car show(good-guys, world of wheels, ect) but that seems to be another excellent source of people seeing your workmanship and leting the “word of mouth” continue.

I would like to hear anyone elses input as it would very valuable to me as well!!

Mike

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.