Welcome Forum The Lounge Fire Drill

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Hey every once in a while you have to have a fire drill . With me I have lock out drills , you know leave the keys inside the ignition and press the lock button! 😮 But hey at a car show this makes allot of sense . It helps you seek out the tools needed tool to reopen your locked door and it gives you practice using them. Now you know darn well even though you have a bunch of friends in that area just willing to help , it wouldn’t be polite to ask to disturb there day. 🙄
    test one see how many of the stupid tools actually work that you paid 8 bucks for, step two just how many of them become part of the truck when your done with them.
    Locked-out.jpg
    Now this here look on my face is not anger 😈 its deep thought and careful manipulation of this some what involved tool.
    TA-DA.jpg
    Ta da see it was not all that bad, now of course I was not going to put you threw the multiple selection of lock extraction hardware that was in use during this drill demo . This would only lesson the height of excitement you get out of it when you do yours. 😉

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow, great job! That’s actually a really good idea, put yourself in a real situation where you need to get it open – that’s a true test for those tools! Thanks a lot for sharing Steve! jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

The police around here carry lock-out tools.

They get a LOT of calls for that!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It is an easy mistake to make!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I keep my lockout kit right behind my seat BangHead.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yep, I keep my lockout kit right behind my seat BangHead.gif

:haha:

Kind of a problem I’d imagine! What they need is a magnetic hide-away lock kit that would fit somewhere on the exterior!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My brother repos cars and has had a few of the high dollar kits. The books with year/make instructions are really nice! I don’t have the nerve to do that kind of work anymore. We where not what you would call a “Gone in sixty seconds” operation. Like a 80 model tow truck with exaust leaks and chains rattling and the body squeeking, gears grinding and smoke belching. It’s tuff to make a living doing it that way.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

So you did do that for awhile? I bet that was an interesting experience!

Quote:
    Like a 80 model tow truck with exaust leaks and chains rattling and the body squeeking, gears grinding and smoke belching

:haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nah, I only rode shotgun on a few in some rough areas and then I have driven a few of the volentary repos to a storage/sale lot. My brother is actually pretty good at it, but kind of gets screwed in that by the time the banks call on him and his fees, it is a tuff job. There are alot of cheaper guys out there that don’t worry about damage and such and they tend to get the first shot at them. Most of the cheap guys don’t even have tow trucks they break into or use the keys to get them or do the volentary repos. My brother has to pay for his equipment and overhead and do research on the ones that he gets. Sometimes it is gravy and sometimes not and they tend to come and go in cycles, 20 one month and none the next.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Is your brother still doing it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes and no. Last week he got stupid and managed to end up in the hospital. A winch cable and hook caved in the right side of his head. Depending on the outcome of his adventure he may not even be able to drive. I haven’t seen him yet in the hospital (I just got back in town) but I have talked to him on the phone. He is still as cranky as ever but we have to wait for the swelling to go down to see if his vision is affected. I hope to be able to talk to a doctor and get some answers after work Monday. He says that he is seeing double and can’t focus, could be the swelling, could be worse. Worrying won’t help and he is one tuff dude. I am going to sneak in some hamburgers for him. I may even be able to turn a profit from them. (Just kidding) Sneaking food into the hospital is one of my best charities, you can win some life long freinds that way.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes and no. Last week he got stupid and managed to end up in the hospital. A winch cable and hook caved in the right side of his head. Depending on the outcome of his adventure he may not even be able to drive. I haven’t seen him yet in the hospital (I just got back in town) but I have talked to him on the phone. He is still as cranky as ever but we have to wait for the swelling to go down to see if his vision is affected. I hope to be able to talk to a doctor and get some answers after work Monday. He says that he is seeing double and can’t focus, could be the swelling, could be worse. Worrying won’t help and he is one tuff dude. I am going to sneak in some hamburgers for him. I may even be able to turn a profit from them. (Just kidding) Sneaking food into the hospital is one of my best charities, you can win some life long freinds that way.

icon_eek.gif That sounds quite serious! Please tell him all of us here at Wisconsin Collector Car hope that he makes a full recovery!!!! jumpy.gif

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.