Welcome Forum Car Shows First drive of the season

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

Just curious, when do some of you get that first drive in, For me it was tuesday when we had 66 degree weather, the main roads were dry and clean, So I Decided to take the Reliant for a small drive. It has been sitting since November, turned the key 3 times to prime the injectors. And it fired up like it was just put away. Spring break is next week so there will be plenty of nice days to install some stuff I purchased over the winter…

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Blown69RS
    Participant

Had mine out for a short drive on Feb. 25th, ’bout 35-40 miles to test a few things out. Plan on putting another 50-100 on it this weekend if all goes well. It should be close to ready then for the first show/lenghthy cruise on the 14th of April.

Amigo2k

My car is coming out of storage this Saturday and then back home for a couple of days before it heads to the shop for some work over the next few months.

GTO Man

Possiby next week with it being in the 60’s. All the salt should be off the roads with the rain the other day.

moparkid25
    Participant

Its every tempting with the warm temps, but I’m going to wait for some more rain to wash the roads. Dane County didn’t want to lose there salt budget, so they laid it on pretty thick out my way. If we get some rains this week like we had the other night, then I wouldn’t be opposed to taking it for a spin.

Of course, I’ve got a gravel driveway thats a little soft this time of year too. Plus, this time of year we could still get dumped with snow (though I hope we’re making the transisiton by now).

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

My first drive was today! The new door glass seals are great, no more window rattling.Wednesday I plan to drive it on my route, then to Milwaukee to buy Brewers tickets, then on to Big Bend McDonalds to meet up with my “Loser” friends.

circletrack
    Participant

Took mine out of storage today, planning on the first cruise of 2012 tomorrow night! :) Loving this!

jonmandude
    Participant

I brought mine out last Thursday. She got her first wash today.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Just got back from my trip to Milwaukee.200+ miles today car ran great! And had a great visit with friends I havent seen since last years car show season.

thekcarguy
    Participant

So far I have put about 50 miles on the 81 Reliant this past week, pretty soon it will be the Aries that I will get out…

moparkid25
    Participant

Drove mine over to the neighbor’s house and back tonight.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Blown69RS wrote:
    Had mine out for a short drive on Feb. 25th

Nice early start!

This week has been some amazing weather – really looking forward to seeing more cars out and about!

intmdatr3
    Participant

Fired ours up yesterday sounded great with new exhaust. I really love that feeling starting the Monte up after the winter hibernation. Bad thing was my TV cable for trans got stuck on throttle bracket and broke so need to fix before a cruise can happen. I hope to do this weekend but I will enjoy it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m think’n I’ll break the Merc out tonite!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.