Welcome Forum The Drag Strip First Start of Year

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Nice day so decided to get one of the cars started. Started right up, no leaks, that is the main worry. Want to take it down to Janesville for a little work end of next week. hopefully the weather cooperates.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lucky man. I began to break stuff out of hibernation too.

Yesterday, I discovered that a buddy’s Pinzgauer (which I had over the winter to rebuild the clutch slave, and replace the clutch), also has a bad wheel drive bearing. Like I needed another full-day repair… :sick:

I’m still waiting to get one of my throttle bases back from a machinist, so I can finish the carb rebuilds and get my own Pinzgauer on the road.

I just keep telling myself that it isn’t really spring yet.

mdunn6
    Participant

Nice Day, opened and aired shop out.
    Backed car out and let Her run
    Cleaned shop some & did a little yard work
    Good day to get out !
    Today rain & Cold :(

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I drove mine on my sales calls on on Wednesday and then to Waukesha to hang out with the Losers.I put on about 300 miles that day.I do have a leak in the timing cover crank seal.Hope to fix that problem today.

ss396
    Participant

:( so I am planning on picking up the car Saturday. I hope it starts good. Looks like the money isn’t there again this year to do what I would like to. grr this stinks. cant money grow on trees?!!!:dry:

moparkid25
    Participant
    ss396 wrote:
    :( so I am planning on picking up the car Saturday. I hope it starts good. Looks like the money isn’t there again this year to do what I would like to. grr this stinks. cant money grow on trees?!!!:dry:

Did you get my email?

ss396
    Participant

yeah but something came up and now i have no money to spend on car at all. all i can do this year is spark plug wires which i desperately need since i melted through one that was touching my header.
    :(

circletrack
    Participant

My car will be in storage for another month or so… we have some work to do yet.

Counting down the days until Automotion!! :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Mustang is still in hibernation, too. I have filled the garage space around it with garage sale stuff for our neighborhood garage sale which is the last weekend in April (Jefferson Weekend). :( After the garage sale is done, and I have room to back the car out, I will take the cover off, service it, and get it on the road. I do need to replace the instrument cluster this year.

intmdatr3
    Participant

I will be replacing the interior in the Monte this weekend. Sent the buckets and backeseat out to recovered. Also putting in a Husrt Pro matic 2 shifter. Then might fire her up and let her run. But wont be coming out till the end of april. Cant wait………

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.