We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Fox Lake

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering if any forum members went to this show, I would like to read a rate the show so I can plan my next trip there in 2027.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    maddog
    Participant
    PLUM CRAZY wrote:
    Just wondering if any forum members went to this show, I would like to read a rate the show so I can plan my next trip there in 2027.

Why do you want to wait till 2027? :P

GTO Man

Rate the Fox Lake 2012 show if you attended.

Rate the Fox Lake Show for 2012

circletrack
    Participant

I know a couple club members went, I’m curious what they have to say and how many cars they had

Anonymous
    Inactive
    maddog wrote:
    PLUM CRAZY wrote:

Why do you want to wait till 2027? :P

Because my car is a 2007 and they have a new 20 year rule

Anonymous
    Inactive

I talked with a friend last night from Watertown who attended Fox Lake this year, who told me that the turnout might be an all time record, with over 400 cars attending this year!

I understand that the classes might need to be tweaked a bit (i.e., no convertible class, large factory stock classes with too many cars, and nothing newer than 1992), but it sounded like a very successful show overall.

I skipped this show, this year, for the first time in the past 5 years, but I will plan on going back in 2013.

If you attended this year, please rate this show.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant
    Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHHA.

Sorry, but that was funny.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was at Fox Lake last Saturday with the Cuda. There were about 400 cars and a lot of VERY NICE cars there. This was my third year there and it has always been one of my favorite shows because it’s close and it was always so well done. Those of you that know me know why I don’t rate the shows on this site anymore or participate in the forums like I used to. For those of you that don’t know me let’s just say some of the regulars on this site have too many Humble Opinions that should remain unwritten/unspoken IMHO.
    But since you asked and nobody else has stepped up to rate the show, I will tell you what I think.
    My biggest problem before the show was the all inclusive stock mopar class….all models 62 to 92 including convertibles. I usually show in stock classes that allow a few mods because despite a few “Humble Opinion Assholes” my car is what’s considered a Day 2 car…Stock with the exception of some go fast goodies like headers and aluminumm intakes that we all installed the 2nd day we owned the car. I was there. I lived it.
    Anyway, I elected to show in the 70-79 modified class at FL because 62-92 all models is a ridiculous class and not very Mopar friendly. I mean Camaros/Firebirds had their own class. Like wise with Chevelles/GTO’s, Mustangs and Thunderbirds. Hell’s Bells, there were 3 class just for Corvettes. Maybe that’s why there were not a great many Mopars at FL this year. I also felt a little odd that they excluded the modern muscle cars. What the heck would a few more trophies cost?
    Anyway, the show itself was above average with 2 exceptions (read on). I arrived at 8:15 and was directed to left field on the ball diamond. The front field was already full and so was the back row of the ball field…wow, a lot of guys got up early for this one. My registration number was 102.
    The judging seemed fair ( full disclosure: I did win 2nd in my class behind the trailered Newton Cuda) and the judge did take his time with my car and the other ones I could see being judged.
    I never eat the concession food at these things because I can’t afford it, but does anyone really care about the food? I’m sure it was good. The music was the normal oldies, sometimes car related. If you don’t like oldies at car shows maybe you should take your HO and do something else on the weekends.
    Ok, the biggest issues I had were the free flowing beer tents and the late start/unbelievable slow (once they started) awards announcements. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind people drinking socially at car shows even though I am a recovered alcohlic. But by the afternoon, there were a lot of sloshed folks including the people running the show. That was one of the reasons I decided not to go to Deerfield on that day. It just reeks of unprofessionalism.
    The other, actually bigger issue for me was a 25 minute late start on the awards and the snails pace once they did start. A lot of confusion, mispronounced names (look at them ahead of time if you must), waiting for winners to arrive from the outfield before announcing the next, calling names three or four times while waiting. It was excruciating. I admit I left after my class was announced and it was damned near 5 pm. I know they were only about half finished by then.
    I’m hoping someone will pass on my critique points to the Fox Lake Firefighters or whoever it was that took over the show and I hope they take my criticism constructively because I do enjoy the venue and the show. Also, I always like the FL trophies and this year’s trophies are stunning. One of my favorites, and that’s saying something.
    I hope this was helpful to those of you that asked for a rating. If you have any specific questions other than what won all the special awards (I didn’t stay), just ask.
    Thanks
    gh

moparkid25
    Participant
    gh wrote:
    I was at Fox Lake last Saturday with the Cuda. There were about 400 cars and a lot of VERY NICE cars there. This was my third year there and it has always been one of my favorite shows because it’s close and it was always so well done. Those of you that know me know why I don’t rate the shows on this site anymore or participate in the forums like I used to. For those of you that don’t know me let’s just say some of the regulars on this site have too many Humble Opinions that should remain unwritten/unspoken IMHO.

If someone wants to speak there opine related to a show, let them sign up and speak it. You don’t have to agree with it.

But since you asked and nobody else has stepped up to rate the show, I will tell you what I think.

My biggest problem before the show was the all inclusive stock mopar class….all models 62 to 92 including convertibles. I usually show in stock classes that allow a few mods because despite a few “Humble Opinion Assholes” my car is what’s considered a Day 2 car…Stock with the exception of some go fast goodies like headers and aluminumm intakes that we all installed the 2nd day we owned the car. I was there. I lived it.

I’ve seen your car, and your mods. Without going into great detail, it is my ‘humble opinion’ that your car is better suited in a modified class when you’re competing at a show.

Anyway, I elected to show in the 70-79 modified class at FL because 62-92 all models is a ridiculous class and not very Mopar friendly. I mean Camaros/Firebirds had their own class. Like wise with Chevelles/GTO’s, Mustangs and Thunderbirds. Hell’s Bells, there were 3 class just for Corvettes. Maybe that’s why there were not a great many Mopars at FL this year. I also felt a little odd that they excluded the modern muscle cars. What the heck would a few more trophies cost?
    Anyway, the show itself was above average with 2 exceptions (read on). I arrived at 8:15 and was directed to left field on the ball diamond. The front field was already full and so was the back row of the ball field…wow, a lot of guys got up early for this one. My registration number was 102.
    The judging seemed fair ( full disclosure: I did win 2nd in my class behind the trailered Newton Cuda) and the judge did take his time with my car and the other ones I could see being judged.
    I never eat the concession food at these things because I can’t afford it, but does anyone really care about the food? I’m sure it was good. The music was the normal oldies, sometimes car related. If you don’t like oldies at car shows maybe you should take your HO and do something else on the weekends.
    Ok, the biggest issues I had were the free flowing beer tents and the late start/unbelievable slow (once they started) awards announcements. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind people drinking socially at car shows even though I am a recovered alcohlic. But by the afternoon, there were a lot of sloshed folks including the people running the show. That was one of the reasons I decided not to go to Deerfield on that day. It just reeks of unprofessionalism.
    The other, actually bigger issue for me was a 25 minute late start on the awards and the snails pace once they did start. A lot of confusion, mispronounced names (look at them ahead of time if you must), waiting for winners to arrive from the outfield before announcing the next, calling names three or four times while waiting. It was excruciating. I admit I left after my class was announced and it was damned near 5 pm. I know they were only about half finished by then.
    I’m hoping someone will pass on my critique points to the Fox Lake Firefighters or whoever it was that took over the show and I hope they take my criticism constructively because I do enjoy the venue and the show. Also, I always like the FL trophies and this year’s trophies are stunning. One of my favorites, and that’s saying something.
    I hope this was helpful to those of you that asked for a rating. If you have any specific questions other than what won all the special awards (I didn’t stay), just ask.
    Thanks
    gh

Too many people take what they read on the internet seriously, and take the opinion of one person(s) too personally. It’s the internet, its not serious business. The Rate The Show has become more of a whiny, pain in the ass, area of this board, not because of the people who use it, but because of the ones who cant take any constructive critiscm to help there future shows. People attend car shows because they enjoy them. I’m the first person who doesn’t want to hear oldie’s all day long, but you’re welcome to come see my alphabetized CD collection – Everything from ABBA to Slayer and the Paul Revere & the Raiders to ZZ Top. If I’m a ‘humble opinion asshole,’ so be it. I’ve been called worse by plenty of ex-girlfriends :whistle:

jonmandude
    Participant

I agree with Zac on this. Forums are created, in part, as a venue for “humble” opinions. I find it a little ironic that you would criticize others of expressing the humble opinions, while expressing your humble opinion.

The “Rate the Show” section is designed specifically for those “humble” opinions about each show. I believe the intent was to provide feedback so the people hosting the shows can know what can be improved. Take it for what it is worth, one persons opinion.

And I have seen your car as well, very beautiful. But it is not stock and should never compete in a stock class. Your “2nd day mods” are mods. Intake and exhaust, rims/tires, and paint are “variations away from the way the car came from the factory” better known as modified.

Just my humble opinion. And I am not an asshole, I am a prick. Asshole is not intentional

Anonymous
    Inactive

My opinion was asked for….there’s the difference.
    gh

jonmandude
    Participant
    gh wrote:
    My opinion was asked for….there’s the difference.
    gh

Really? What difference? Providing a forum for people to share there views (opinions) is asking. Providing a thread asking for reviews (opinions) of shows is asking. Checking that forum and thread to read those reviews of shows (opinions) is asking.

I am sure that I speak for many when I say that your opinions, views, reviews, and any other term you want to use, is welcome here, but please do not tell us all that ours are not as important or that others are assholes for having them while you give yours.

moparkid25
    Participant

So the only opinion that should be counted is Glenn’s? Got it :laugh:

jonmandude
    Participant

Hey! Nobody asked for your opinion Zac

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.