Welcome Forum The Lounge George W Bush

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Good bye and good riddance. Eight of the darkest years in this country’s history are about to end. Liars, cheats, criminals, the Bush administration has been full of them.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

I think the darkest years were during the Carter admin.

jonmandude
    Participant

I think it was Clinton. Yeah “let’s sign NAFTA and allow jobs to move off-shore without penalties” great idea jerk-off.

GTO Man

All three left much to be desired. It is too bad the new President will have a horrible economy weighing down his term.

moparkid25
    Participant

As a Republican, I am glad the Bush era is over. However, I’m not sold on Obama whatsoever, and I’m not sure whats in store for the next for years. I do not agree with the “spread the wealth” and “pay more taxes if you make over 250K a year” plans.

I never got a job from a poor person.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    GTO Man

I am willing to give Obama a chance. The Republicans have helped screw up this economy big time. Clinton had a part in it also. It is going to get much worse before it gets any better. This may be a hole we can’t dig out of.

jonmandude
    Participant

I have hope for Obama, although I am not sure what to expect. He has a promise of being different and he addresses the issues in a way no one else has. I am going to hold opinion for two years and see if he does anything.

GTO Man

45 days until Bush leaves office, it can’t come soon enough. Too bad Obama can’t take over now. It will be nice to have someone with a brain in the Oval Office.

I see Bush bought a $2.1 million dollar house in Dallas. He must be tired of clearing brush.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Say what you will, but most of us on this board have nice cars that we can play and tinker with and nice houses to live in. I remember the Carter years…no home, no job, living on the street. These past years since 1982 I have been paying my bills, staying warm and housed. I bought my first new car last year, yup, Bush really screwed up my life.

GTO Man

The problems this country is in now started with Reagan. Two Bush’s and a Clinton did nothing to slow it down. We need a big change and I hope Obama is the one to deliver it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Say what you will, but most of us on this board have nice cars that we can play and tinker with and nice houses to live in. I remember the Carter years…no home, no job, living on the street. These past years since 1982 I have been paying my bills, staying warm and housed. I bought my first new car last year, yup, Bush really screwed up my life.

:)

Yup, I managed to purchase my first home, built the Camaro, had two kids and have laid plans for my next home during the Bush years and things are pretty good.

I was to young to remember the Carter years but during the Reagan years my Dad opened our family business. During Bush 1 he built a new building. During the Clinton years we expanded. During the Bush years we added more toys.

lordairgtar
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    The problems this country is in now started with Reagan. Two Bush’s and a Clinton did nothing to slow it down. We need a big change and I hope Obama is the one to deliver it.

Yet only just now, we are officially in a recession. Please clarify what problems started with Reagan.

GTO Man

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

Yet only just now, we are officially in a recession. Please clarify what problems started with Reagan.

Reagan started the war on the middle class by starting to break the unions. He also removed many tax breaks which the average person could use. By breaking the unions you decrease workers wages and the way to have workers still consume is increase the use of credit. That is one of the reasons we have a credit crisis today. He decreased taxes on people earning over $10 million per year from 76% to 38%. When people are paying a high tax on earnings over $10 million they tend to invest back into their companies instead of paying that tax. Whats happened over the last 30 years then is people that make over $10 million dollars are not re-investing the money into their companies but investing it in their own personal accounts which does not help the economy.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Yet only just now, we are officially in a recession.

Are you saying that Obama is to blame for the recession or that the “recession” is being hyped because it is only now mentioned?

moparkid25
    Participant

Garibaldi wrote:

Quote:
    lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Yet only just now, we are officially in a recession.

Are you saying that Obama is to blame for the recession or that the “recession” is being hyped because it is only now mentioned?

According to media news reports (and most of you know I only watch Fox News) we have been in a recession for the past year. I can believe that, many jobs have been lost, foreclosures are at an all-time high, credit is tight thanks to those who didn’t pay up there mastercards and visa’s. I think we are hearing more about it because we are about to inagurate a new president. If he can do what he says, the country can turn around. The country will turn around either way but it may take more time if Obama doesn’t keep his word, which I am afraid will probably happen. Not because he’s a democrat, but because he’s a politican.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.