Welcome Forum The Lounge Getting Back To Normal In Space City

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Folks,

Well things are slowly getting back to normal in Houston after Hurricane Rita gave us a scare. Instead of leaving town I fortified the house to prepare for the storm that never was.

The Houston area dodged a bullet and we’re counting our blessings. Hopefully the events of the past few days will serve as a lessens learned to improve on evaucation planning. To see the gridlock on Houston’s freeways was a determining factor in my decision to ride out the storm.

Garibaldi I want to thank you for you willingness to help me out and tell me what happened on the finale of BSG if the power went out on this end, which it did but I had already had the finale viewed and recorded.

Aside of the power outage damage was near nothing, only a couple of tree branches that fell. I did some tree trimming the day before to take care of the problem tree limbs.

Tonight I’m throwing steaks on the grill and having a thanksgiving block party with the neighbors. It’s definitely a time to reflect and count our blessings.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds likea fun party tonight! Send a steak over to me (although I’d imagine it would be a bit spoiled when it gets to Wisconsin :shock:) :D!!!

Glad to hear you made it through in one piece Mike! blob1.gif icon_headbang.gif icon_punk.gif

GTO Man

The hurricanes have shown how vulnerable people in this country really are. Its good to see Texas was spared alot of the devastation. I don’t think the companies have the excuses to raise gas prices as much as they did for the earlier storm. I think they have a fear of being labeled as price gougers also.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.