Welcome Forum Car Shows Good car shows that have gone away

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What are some great car shows that you remember that are no longer being held each year? I remember the Klassarama show as always being a lot of fun with a nice, large attendance and good weather! Of course this show isn’t really dead since HOH has now continued to host an annual show at this location. What are some other shows that you remember that have gone by the wayside?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

The Sugar River Cruisers used to have there car show in Mt. Horeb before moving it to Verona. Darlington used to have a really nice car show but they haven’t had it for about 3 years now. The Klassarama show at the VFW was always a good turnout, but that group is getting up there in years and they can’t do all the work they used to anymore. The Dodge Charger registry used to also have there annual meet in Madison, but the last I talked to Wayne Wooten, he said they have been scoping different locations for the events as they are held all over the US. Last year it was in Beloit, where they have the Autorama.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t heard any recent news about HOH. Are they still in business at the same location, and will they be doing a 2nd annual car show this year at the old Klassarama location (Truax VFW post)?

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

The last I heard HOH was planning on having their show July 26, the same day as other good shows in the area, but that was a month or so ago now.

As for shows of the past, Angell Park in Sun Prairie is a great location for shows and had some good ones in the past. But we won’t go there on why nothing will be held there this year or the following years. :(

The VFW shows were always good, I remember when the shows were held at Doubledays in Cottage Grove, (Neil’s Diamond) and Black Bear Inn after that. They outgrew both locations, it’s a shame when they finally found the perfect location the club broke up.

I also remember going to/having cars entered in the World of Wheels Shows at the old colesium. I still see cars pictured all over when we attend different events there. Those were some good times! :)

Amigo2k

I can remember a show that was around the capitol square on a Sunday (this was way back in 1994).

I think it is a great location (plenty of room), and if they did it again it would be pretty cool if they could have it on the 4th of July (seeing that typically there is are not any shows in the area on the 4th).

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

The HOH show is still scheduled for July 26th.

They are still in business, although things have been pretty low key for the past few months due to that massive robbery of all their equipment. The insurance company was causing major hold-ups, but they are still there and looking forward to another good show at the vfw.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

And Im bummed that the Angell Park show in Sun Prairie is no more.

GTO Man

Good question. I would have to say Klassarama also, especially in its earlier years.

There was also a show put on by WTDY in Cross Plains for a number of years. I believe Matt Joseph was one of the hosts. That was kind of an interesting show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    There was also a show put on by WTDY in Cross Plains for a number of years. I believe Matt Joseph was one of the hosts. That was kind of an interesting show.

Was that the “Saturday In The Park” show, or am I thinking of a different one?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Sun Prairie (Angell Park) show was known as the “Holiday in the Park” show for the past two years, only because it was typically scheduled around the 4th of July holidays (usually the Saturday before the 4th).

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote:

Was that the “Saturday In The Park” show, or am I thinking of a different one?

Saturday in the Park was put on by the Badgerland Mustang Club, that was years ago now. I don’t know if that club does anything anymore.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Saturday in the Park was put on by the Badgerland Mustang Club, that was years ago now. I don’t know if that club does anything anymore.

I had heard they started up again last year, but haven’t heard anything since…

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Badgerland Mustang Club does have an All Ford show (judged / show and shine?) on the calendar for later this year at the Ballweg Ford dealership in Sauk City.

Maybe mustangsrus can add to my sketchy info.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Saturday In The Park was hosted by The Badgerland Mustang Club a few years back. The club has be around since 1994. The BMC hosted all ford shows at Bell Ford in Arlington for many years prior to the Saturday In The Park Show. Since that time club activities have been road trips and get togethers. Last year started Mustangs Monday’s at Arby’s on East Washington in Madison and will again host Mustang Monday’s at Arby’s but on a larger scale this year. Also the BMC is hosting a benefit all ford show at Ballweg Ford in Sauk City on July 5 for the Rawhide Boys Camp.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the detailed info!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.