Welcome Forum Car Shows Gordie Boucher Labor Day Car Show Janesville, WI

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Don’t forget about the Car Show at Gordie Boucher in Janesville on Labor Day. I don’t have many details but in the past it has been a good show. Hours 8 to 4 I believe.

2727 US Highway 14
    Janesville WI 53545

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Haven’t been in years, last time we went – if you weren’t from the Janesville area… forgetta about it, no thanks

mr_skeets
    Participant

I know that people weren’t happy from the first few shows but, things do change. They have added more classes. Have a total of 19 classes and best of show. Classes will be the same as last year. Please think about coming. Read last years reviews. Yes I and Everyone else know you not going to keep everyone happy but we try. It is show people judged. Sorry but that’s way it done. I can tell you my self that NO vote goes uncounted. As for only locals only winning check last years reviews. Thanks to GTO Man for posting this for us. I don’t do much posting at all so Thanks again.
    Terry

moparkid25
    Participant

I can vouch for Mr. skeets on this. I wasn’t all that impressed with this show the first 2. years i attended it, but it has gotten better by adding more classes. The selection of cars on display is also good too.

Sorry I won’t make it this year, today we’re traveling home as vacation is coming to an end.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went to this show today as a spectator, although attendance was down I still think they had enough cars to be a good show.

mr_skeets
    Participant

There was about 180 entrees. There were some that had not been here before. I’m sorry but we did have our share of problems. I want to thank all that did come and still stuck around even with the problems we had. The heat didn’t help
    We are talking aready what to do different next year. Thinking about switching to a top 50 and 1 Best of Show. We don’t want to drive anybody from the show. Was thinking of splitting to do 1985 and prior, then 1986 and newer. We would do say 35 for the first group and say 15 for the second group. Please let me know what you think of this idea. This is just an idea right now, give me thoughts.
    Terry

thekcarguy
    Participant

my two cents…have the class go by decade..I mean who wants to have 1986 and newer? I mean who wants a brand new mustang competing against say in my opinion a Surviving all original car….I mean there is no comparison there..

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Not the worst idea but there were a lot of Mustangs at the show and it might hurt that attendance if you went to top 50 (or you might get 50 winning mustangs lol) If you do decide to change it you might want to leave at least one award acknowledging the large participation of those cars…the most I’ve seen in one place all year and that includes shows at Ford dealerships! (not suggesting good or bad just saying)

mdunn6
    Participant

I could not make the show this year
    Always a good show and fun
    with friends old & new
    keep up the good work !
    I know you put in a
    lot of effort.
    Mr Skeets

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would not suggest the kind of show you are wanting to change to as it will just create as others have said already…..an all mustang show. That is, however, if you want it that way I really think anything other than a ford would not attend. There were two rows of mustangs alone.

A few other suggestions…..why pay a dj when you have a band as well….you could save the money on the dj and just have the band. We could not hear him and we were only two rows back in the shade. If weather is going to be hot, please plan to have the vending machines refilled with water at least…with nothing to drink at 1 pm, even the shade was too hot for us on the blacktop.

Make sure if you keep the car classes, you correct the 1990 – present stock class…I know you tried, however, it was not announced as ballots were handed out, hence, nothing other than 1990’s vintage was even awarded.:dry:

The free brats and hot dogs were very nice…never was given free food other than a road apples show did have free ice cream, so this was a bonus!:cheer:

It seems that only a hubby and wife and maybe just a few more run this whole show….it’s a lot of work, why not ask for a few more helpers to organize paperwork, ballots, etc?

mr_skeets
    Participant

Like I said this is an idea we have for next year. The reason for this is the parking by class ( which was by decades stock and mod.) gets messed up half way though the morning (not enough room). I think some of you might have missed the thought of have two class. 1985 and older and then 1986 and newer. Top 35 for the 85 and older and top 15 for the 86 and newer. This is still in the thinking stage. This thought was so we don’t chase anybody away from this show. I want all types of autos coming. It’s the only way we all learn about others interests. I have picked up some info about the tuners from these types of cars coming the different shows. I mean some of them are running 300 to 600hp at the wheels!
    As for the water and soda running out I don’t know how this happened, I mean someone didn’t get enough for what ever the reason was. That only happened once before and that was once of the first show they had. I know that as hot as it was this will come back and bite us (them) in the back side. I want you all to know that I’m thankful to everyone that came out and I sure do understand why people left. I can’t tell everyone enough how bad I felt for the things that went wrong.
    The money raise will and alway has gone to local womens shelter. Gordie Boucher Ford keeps nothing to cover their cost for this show. Now you all know why I and my wife are so into this show. I have done this show from the first show that they had and we have never won but that’s OK with us.

Amigo2k

I do think this would work, with the only risk is the 86 to newer the awards would only go to mustang owners.

I’ve gone to all VW shows before that had a top 25 for the whole show and all the awards went to air cooled cars even though there were +30 water cooled cars there.

The only other thing you could do is have a 3rd class that is for all Mustangs 86 and newer. Then have like 8-10 awards for it and 8-10 for 86-newer other and then like 30 awards for 85 and older … The key is if you have a 86 or newer mustang you have to be in that class even if there are only 4 cars in the non-mustang class (but it won’t stop the class jumpers looking to win some plastic)….

moparkid25
    Participant

Here’s an idea for classes:

Ford (except Mustang) 1901-1950, 1951-1970, 1971-1990, 1991-present.

Mustang 1964-1970, 1971-1993 (the amount of mustang II’s I’m sure is minimum, and it keeps the foxbodies all together), 1994-present.

All makes/models 1900-1950, 1951-1960, 1961-1970, 1971-1990, 1991-present.

That splits the Fords from the other models, and eliminates the Mustangs from the other vehicles. This goes from 19 classes to 12. From there if you want to divide stock/modified cars, that would give you 24 classes.

Just an idea :)

mr_skeets
    Participant

These are interesting ideas. I don’t want this to be just a Ford or Mustang only show. Even that I only own Fords and two of them are Mustangs. I will talk with Dave and Terry @ Gordie Boucher with these ideas. I’m happy with the turn out we had.
    The top 50 plan has its plus side, I mean the parking everybody would be easier with what little room we do have. That was the reason for thinking this way. Thanks everybody and keep the ideas coming.
    Terry (mr_skeets)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.