Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Hello from Chetek, WI!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found this board recently. Looks like another oppertunity to meet other gear heads!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well then you’ve come to the right place! thumbsup.gif

Do you own any classics currently?

GTO Man

Glad that you found the site.

circletrack
    Participant

Hello! wave.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Well then you’ve come to the right place! thumbsup.gif

Do you own any classics currently?

Thanks for the welcome everyone thumbsup.gif

Not a current classic owner, but am actively looking for a reasonably priced Mopar with no rust. I will find one sooner or later! icon_rolleyes.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Do you have a garage or storage to work on it and do some restoration once you find your dream car?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Do you have a garage or storage to work on it and do some restoration once you find your dream car?

I do have a garage. I hope to find a nice driver that I can work on and improve with time. R&R an engine is not a big deal, but I HATE bodywork! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well with your project car you can pick and choose what you want to do yourself, and go at your own pace as per your time and budget. Is your garage heated so you can work year-round or just in the warm months?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Well with your project car you can pick and choose what you want to do yourself, and go at your own pace as per your time and budget. Is your garage heated so you can work year-round or just in the warm months?

Un-heated…not a good deal in Wisconsin! Some day I will get it insulated to allow for heating, but that would take $$ away from my car fund!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems that I am always tripping over Dusters and Darts. Because I am not a MOPAR enthusiast, I usually don’t pay them much attention. I will keep my eyes and ears open and post when I come across something.

I do know of a Corvair convertible project car and a 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 project car here in the Madison area.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Un-heated…not a good deal in Wisconsin! Some day I will get it insulated to allow for heating, but that would take $$ away from my car fund!

If you need some info for specifics for a garage heater, GTO Man and I can help as far as pricing and efficency for heating your project car’s garage durign the Wisconsin winters. No doubt about it, its very cold!! w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

If you need some info for specifics for a garage heater, GTO Man and I can help as far as pricing and efficency for heating your project car’s garage durign the Wisconsin winters. No doubt about it, its very cold!! w00t.gif

Thanks, I will let you guys know when I am ready to tackle that project.

You had mentioned local car shows. The is a one day show here in Chetek every year. This year it will be on July 1st. Here is a link to a newspaper clipping on last years show (I took 3rd in 4X4 truck class).

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1134&dept_id=150860&newsid=14814541&PAG=461&rfi=9

Anonymous
    Inactive

WyzGuy – Could you post that link to last year’s show? Thanks,
    Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    WyzGuy – Could you post that link to last year’s show? Thanks,
    Marshall

Added above. Sorry ’bout that!

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

Thanks, I will let you guys know when I am ready to tackle that project.

You had mentioned local car shows. The is a one day show here in Chetek every year. This year it will be on July 1st. Here is a link to a newspaper clipping on last years show (I took 3rd in 4X4 truck class).

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1134&dept_id=150860&newsid=14814541&PAG=461&rfi=9

I will put the show on the calendar.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info about the new show!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.