Welcome Forum The Lounge Help! Looking for Insurance!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

good day guys!

I’m new here, i don’t know which category i’m going to post. i’m shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check xxxxx they have a couple of insurance company and I was quoted for some price. your suggestions will help me more to have an idea and choice to compare with…
    thank you so much…

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

What are you trying to insure?

montefrazer
    Participant

Hi Nice Guy. I’ve been with State Farm for many years. You could look here http://autopedia.com/ scoll down to the insurance link.

GTO Man

I currently have Erie Insurance for the everyday drivers and Hagerty for the collectible cars. Have been happy with both companies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Me thinks the original post was spam, but it looks
    like the mods got it.

hpdog259962
    Participant

<Thread Jack From Spammer> Does anyone know about an classic insurance company that will insure a 16 yr. old?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Does anyone know about an classic insurance company that will insure a 16 yr. old?

We got excellent rates for our teenage sons from Farmer’s Insurance.

Of course, your mileage will vary. Alot of the savings we got were due to the skill of our agent. For example, you don’t need to carry uninsured motorist protection on every car in the household …just one of the cars on the policy. It’s a fact State Farm neglected to tell us before we switched over.

Farmers gives discounts for good grades. We also got further savings by having them take a written test from Farmer’s, which identified them as lower risk, and that single item saved us a bundle.

Another little-known fact that our Farmer’s agent told us: Add another driver to your policy ….even if they’re not living at the same location. Doing this reduces all the drivers to “part-time” status, because there are more drivers than cars. And you save money. It can be a family member. We used my wife’s sister for our policy. This is another fact State Farm “forgot” to tell us.

There are ways to shave bucks off here and there. What we ended up with was the same coverage as SF at about 40% of the price.

Of course, now, with both boys grown and out of the house, and just a single car, we pay about $40/month for good coverage.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah the original post was spam, however this is a good information thread about insurance. Thanks for the contributions!

hpdog259962
    Participant

Have Farmer’s Insurance For Daily Driver, Hagerty seems to be accepting me right now, if I meet some sort of requirements which I do.

Quote:
    Quote:
    <Thread Jack From Spammer> Does anyone know about an classic insurance company that will insure a 16 yr. old?

We got excellent rates for our teenage sons from Farmer’s Insurance.

Of course, your mileage will vary. Alot of the savings we got were due to the skill of our agent. For example, you don’t need to carry uninsured motorist protection on every car in the household …just one of the cars on the policy. It’s a fact State Farm neglected to tell us before we switched over.

Farmers gives discounts for good grades. We also got further savings by having them take a written test from Farmer’s, which identified them as lower risk, and that single item saved us a bundle.

Another little-known fact that our Farmer’s agent told us: Add another driver to your policy ….even if they’re not living at the same location. Doing this reduces all the drivers to “part-time” status, because there are more drivers than cars. And you save money. It can be a family member. We used my wife’s sister for our policy. This is another fact State Farm “forgot” to tell us.

There are ways to shave bucks off here and there. What we ended up with was the same coverage as SF at about 40% of the price.

Of course, now, with both boys grown and out of the house, and just a single car, we pay about $40/month for good coverage.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.