Welcome Forum The Drag Strip How popular are car shows in your part of the world?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

In Wisconsin they are very popular. When the weather finally gets decent there are usually a number of choices each weekend. Currently we have had some beautiful weather, but the last couple of years May and early June have sucked weather-wise.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    In Wisconsin they are very popular. When the weather finally gets decent there are usually a number of choices each weekend. Currently we have had some beautiful weather, but the last couple of years May and early June have sucked weather-wise.

Yep, living in Wisconsin is great! We usually have several car shows each weekend, so you always have a variety to choose from.

Anonymous
    Inactive

not much here in hk : (

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    not much here in hk : (

That’s too bad! icon_sad.gif Well we’ve got a partial compromise for you, come check out the Photo Gallery where we have over 1000 pics from car shows this last year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s pretty big in Texas. Every weekend you have small and large scale carshows of all types in and around the city of Houston alone. I like them because it give you a chance to catch up with some buddies, meet new folks and take in makes and models from different years and eras.

Also you get the chance to talk shops and pick up more information about a different car or learn a new tip or trick that can make your ride that much more enjoyable.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It’s pretty big in Texas. Every weekend you have small and large scale carshows of all types in and around the city of Houston alone. I like them because it give you a chance to catch up with some buddies, meet new folks and take in makes and models from different years and eras.

Also you get the chance to talk shops and pick up more information about a different car or learn a new tip or trick that can make your ride that much more enjoyable.

That’s really nice you have them every weekend all year round! We only have them here in the summer and nice months since its snowy and cold in the winter. It must be nice always having a show to go to!

Anonymous
    Inactive

After awhile you learn to pick your shows because it can get very tiring detailing your car. Yes, it’s a labor of love but you don’t want to get car show burnout. icon_cheesygrin.gif

The Hooters carshows are always a winner. icon_cheesygrin.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

In IL They are still popular, but the vendors are starting to decline, they like EBay more than swap meets.

GTO Man

In Wisconsin the popularity seems to have risen over the last couple of years. From talking with people they say it runs in cycles. Right now I guess we are near the top of the cycle. There have been a couple of good shows the last couple of years that have disappeared. After checking the clubs website that put on the show it seems they couldn’t get the help needed out of their members to keep the show going.
    As far as vendors I have noticed that some of the vendors that used to be at the swap meets are no longer there.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The Hooters carshows are always a winner

I wonder why? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif thumbsup.gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.