Welcome Forum The Drag Strip How to get out of paying parking tickets

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The first thing you need to do is get yourself a twin. If you have one already, then you’re in luck. Here’s how two Swiss twins are evading the system:

Quote:
    Swiss officials say they are powerless to act against identical twins who have run-up hundreds of parking tickets and blamed each other for the offences.

They say they cannot punish Harold and Michael Lengen, 38, for parking offences committed while driving around Winterthur.

Police say that in the last year alone the twins have collected 29 parking tickets on a car which they both share.

But every time they refuse to pay them and tell courts that the other was driving.

And police say that as they are identical twins it is impossible to rely on visual evidence to prove who was driving the car when they got the ticket.

A police spokesman said: “It is immensely frustrating for our officers. Every time we hand one of them out a ticket we know what is going to happen next and that they will never pay it.

“But there really is nothing we can do.”

Source

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    RivFan
    Participant

How about impound the car. Problem solved.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I guess they can’t think that “creatively”

Anonymous
    Inactive

As I understand the process here in Wisconsin, the concept of “owner’s liability” overrides who or who may not have been driving the car, when it comes to unpaid parking tickets. A registered owner is always liable and responsible for ensuring that parking tickets are paid, even when someone else was driving his/her car.

If parking tickets have been issued and remain unpaid, then DMV will not renew the license plate and the registered owner’s license is suspended until the tickets are paid? Is this correct, or is there another way that the fines are collected?

Marshall

Xman
    Participant

Just for the hell of it one day while reading the local Sun Prairie paper court news. I noticed a bunch of people names who were ticked for driving without a license. So I decided to look them up on the States circuit court web page. These people don’t care to ever pay their tickets. They had multiple tickets and just keep driving. I guess sooner or later they’ll put them in jail and give em a free meal too. Or deport them.. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.