Welcome Forum The Drag Strip I am a NOOB

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am new to the site and just wanted to say hey! I am mainly a mopar guy but I like all muscle cars. I have 2 muscle cars a 74 Dart Sport and a 71 Duster. Any other people on this board from southeastern wisconsin?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Hello Mopardude

Welcome.
    There are a number of us here from the Madison/Southern Wisconsin area.
    The site has only been up for a couple of weeks now, but is starting to take shape. Madison, Racine and now Elkhorn are represented. Your site looks great.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome MoparDude!!! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Yep, Southern Wisconsin is well represented here, I’m from Madison and so is Big Block.

See you around the forum!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the site!

I think I’m the only Canadian here though….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys!

montefrazer
    Participant

Welcome from another recent joiner. I’m from Racine. Usually go to the show and swap meet in Elkorn each summer. August 6-7 this year if anyone wants to go. I think it’s worth the trip.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea I am pretty excited about it being 2 days this year. I know personally I would rather go to the Elkhorn show than Jefferson. Not because of the drive or anything but because Jeffereson is such a hassle. If you don’t get there early when they open than the parking lots fill up than you end up walking miles just to get there. Than at Jefferson they pack them in so tight there in the swap area and your fighting to walk down the isles.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yea I am pretty excited about it being 2 days this year. I know personally I would rather go to the Elkhorn show than Jefferson. Not because of the drive or anything but because Jeffereson is such a hassle. If you don’t get there early when they open than the parking lots fill up than you end up walking miles just to get there. Than at Jefferson they pack them in so tight there in the swap area and your fighting to walk down the isles.

I agree. Jefferson is still a good show though, but it is really packed! icon_happygroup.gif
    Gary Esse, the guy who runs both of those shows, said that he agrees and wishes their was a better place for Jefferson than the park that its in now. I’m also looking forward to Elkhorn, it sounds like a great show!

Anonymous
    Inactive

What happen to waukesha shows? Someone told me that maddiscon classics either drop one or both of the waukesha shows? Also something about the good guys are doing them?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    What happen to waukesha shows? Someone told me that maddiscon classics either drop one or both of the waukesha shows? Also something about the good guys are doing them?

More info about Spring Waukesha here:
    http://www.jeffersonswapmeet.com/sprWauk.shtml
    I’m not sure about the good guys rumors, GTO Man probably has more info. icon_wink.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea looks like they only got rid of waukesha summer show.

GTO Man

Yes they just dropped the Spring Waukesha show. I believe Gary Esse said that they will have use of the high school grounds next door to where Elkhorn takes place. They are excited about expanding to two days. That is actually a better setting for a show than Jefferson. I think it is better organized.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea I aggree!

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Yes they just dropped the Spring Waukesha show. I believe Gary Esse said that they will have use of the high school grounds next door to where Elkhorn takes place. They are excited about expanding to two days. That is actually a better setting for a show than Jefferson. I think it is better organized.

I must be brain dead, your right it was the summer Waukesha show they dropped.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hehe I knew what you meant! thumbsup.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

CLose to the border Illinois count? icon_lol.gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.