Welcome Forum The Lounge I donated blood today

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

We’re under a blood emergency here in southeastern Michigan. They say there’s only a few hours supply availble. I’ve always thought about donating but never really got around to it. So I decided to finally do it.

I went in and there were about five or six people ahead of me. It only took twenty or thirty minutes to get in the system and ready for the procedure. After a few more minutes I was next in line. I got in and was all set.

From there they got the setup ready and did the prick and hooked me up. I’ve taken allergy shots for years so needles weren’t a concern to me. It wasn’t really bad except toward the end. It must have been four or five minutes for it to fill up. But right towards the end I did start feeling a bit woozy. I wasn’t sure if I was or not but I got that light headed feeling. You know when you’ve been sick for a few days and you finally do some strenous activiity that knocks you out???/ Well they set me aside and had me drink some water and wait a few minutes.

I cleared up right away it just felt strange. Oh and by the way my fingers did get a little numb but that cleared up soon as well. After that I waited another twenty minutes or a half hour until I felt more or less normal. That said I was there about an hour an half or so.

I feel good I finally did it.They say you can donate every two or three months. I don’t know if I’ll do it that regularly but maybe I’ll shoot for twice a year at least. It feels good to know I’ll help somebody out. :)

Kevin

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I got that light headed feeling.

I already made a comment about that at the Pub so
    it would be unfair to repeat it again here!

Sorry ’bout that!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I got that light headed feeling.

I already made a comment about that at the Pub so
    it would be unfair to repeat it again here!

Sorry ’bout that!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi,

Couldn’t resist huh???? :D :D :D

Kevin

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good job Kevin!! :salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice work Kevin. You might have saved a life icon_wink.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Nice work Kevin. You might have saved a life icon_wink.gif

Very true! Some day you might need blood too, just hope its not Newman’s! :haha: (seinfeld)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.