Welcome Forum The Drag Strip I might be getting a car

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My friend is getting a new car because the axel is broken on her Hyundai Elantra so I might get it free. I’m gonna look around at scrap yards to see if I can get one and fix it myself rather than pay 3000$ for it pro done. I did an axel on a pickup truck at school but then again there’s also a lift at school. Anyways, this will be a fun job and my first car. Something for me to do throughout the summer. Yay. Maybe I should go get my license. hahaha. Maybe after I’ll just sell it so I can buy computer and guitar stuff.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good deal, a car for free! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey talk to your school maybe they will do it in the shop and it wont cost you anything but parts. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hey talk to your school maybe they will do it in the shop and it wont cost you anything but parts. thumbsup.gif

Yeah that’s true, it could be a learning experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can’t beat free. The first car I got was a 1980 Mustang for free. The car had been through hell for eight years before I got my hand on it but my Dad and I worked on everything from motor to interior to pain and body and it became a hot little number.

Ficing it yourself will give you the opportunity to learn more about cars and have the sense of accomplishment that you did the job yourself.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    You can’t beat free. The first car I got was a 1980 Mustang for free. The car had been through hell for eight years before I got my hand on it but my Dad and I worked on everything from motor to interior to pain and body and it became a hot little number.

Ficing it yourself will give you the opportunity to learn more about cars and have the sense of accomplishment that you did the job yourself.

Plus you’ve already found a support group to help you solve any problems you may run across. :D You’ll have to post some progress pics!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

After being in that auto class, I don’t trust the school. I could take the course again and ask to work on it but it shouldn’t take more than a few days to do it so it’d be a waste. It will be fun. I like free stuff. Then again, who doesn’t?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    After being in that auto class, I don’t trust the school. I could take the course again and ask to work on it but it shouldn’t take more than a few days to do it so it’d be a waste. It will be fun. I like free stuff. Then again, who doesn’t?

Good point, I do! icon_cheesygrin.gif thumbsup.gif

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.