Welcome Forum The Drag Strip I really hate cheaters

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

Well once again, this silver daytona cheated at the Mopars on the Mississippi show. Purely not a stock car…ive heard others talk about this car as well at other non mopar shows….Just thought I would throw it out there….CHEATERS SUCK! oh well next year there will be different personal at the gate…. I mean come on…who you fooling dude…not the SRT4 guys and FWD people thats for sure…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Unfortunately, this is something the show staff needs to be on top of, or it will continue to happen. I believe the golden rule is 3 mods or less for a stock class, but it varies by show.

There is a thread around here somewhere that discusses trophy mongers class jumping before judging to get the advantage win, putting new mustangs in special interest, and cruising the competition before settling on your ‘correct’ class.

Hopefully it will get better for you, but there will always be someone doing it.

My car is modified. I put it in the modified classes. Most people dont really know what they are looking at anyway…

jonmandude
    Participant

The rule I have understood is that “Modified” is quantified as

1) Physically altered in a way that appears other than factory. Paint, rims, decals, tint, or suspension modifications do not qualify as “modified” as they do not truly alter the appearance. Creating a “clone” of another car similar to yours is “modified”

2) Performance improvement by swapping a driveline other than what was available from factory. If you put a 427 in a ’65 Chevy Nova, that is modified, even if it is a date code block, this was not available in this car. Power adders, like supercharging or turbo (if not offered stock) are “modified”. While at “Mopars on the Mississippi” this year I asked them what class they want me in (always a good idea if you are unsure) and they said “if you haven’t changed anything inside the engine, or repainted the car in a non-stock color, you are stock”

Technically, my car can be in either stock or modified class, because it is the stock engine and exterior. Any of you who know my car, know that there is over 40 small changes that I have made.

As I stated above, if you are unsure of how you should be classed…..ask the organizers. It is their show and they choose the standards of what each class is.

My $.02

thekcarguy
    Participant

Here is the list on that silver daytona..

T4 Turbo
    non stock intercooler
    intercooler piping
    gauge pods
    wheels
    exhaust
    1990 and up transmission (shifter)

need I say more

not letting him get away with this anymore…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.