Welcome Forum The Lounge I’d like to introduce myself

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    My name is Garibaldi, and I’m the administrator for this site. I can also be found at:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum
    http://www.convopit.com
    as well as here at wiscollectorcar.com. I hope you enjoy your stay and have a good time here discussing cars! :D

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re off to a great start Garibaldi. Lots of little details for the first week or two, then it gets more enjoyable and less work. But the excitement of seeing people join and participate …nothing like it 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to give you more headaches, you might want to add a section to advertise items for sale or wanted to buy. To help keep it up to date maybe just dump it out every two weeks or something.

Anyways, good luck, it looks like you may be on to something here :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    You’re off to a great start Garibaldi. Lots of little details for the first week or two, then it gets more enjoyable and less work. But the excitement of seeing people join and participate …nothing like it 8)

Your absolutely right Cap, the excitement of having your site come to life is like nothing else!!! :blob: :blob5: :headbang: :hello1:

Quote:
    Just to give you more headaches, you might want to add a section to advertise items for sale or wanted to buy. To help keep it up to date maybe just dump it out every two weeks or something.

Anyways, good luck, it looks like you may be on to something here

Welcome! That’s a good idea about advertising things for buy and sell, the only thing I’m concerned with is if there would be legal issues by allowing my site to traffic the sale of parts??

Thanks for the good word, I hope you have a good time here! :thumbright:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice site! I’m afraid that there is very little I can contribute to your forum, so I will keep my bandwidth use to a bare minimum.

I am Cobra, a moderator at a couple of other websites Garibaldi is a member of. That’s how I came to know him. Hopefully I will meet more people as decent as him through this site too!

Cobra

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Nice site! I’m afraid that there is very little I can contribute to your forum, so I will keep my bandwidth use to a bare minimum.

I am Cobra, a moderator at a couple of other websites Garibaldi is a member of. That’s how I came to know him. Hopefully I will meet more people as decent as him through this site too!

Cobra

Welcome Cobra! Glad to see that you’ve made it! I think that you will be more of an asset to this site than you give yourself credit for, after all you just got your new car!

Anyway see you around the forum!

GTO Man

Good job on the forum Garibaldi! Things seem to be starting to take off.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Good job on the forum Garibaldi! Things seem to be starting to take off.

Thanks GTO Man, Let me know if you have any suggestions of ways to make it even better!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We’re approaching the 1 month birthday of wiscollectorcar, its very exciting!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    the only thing I’m concerned with is if there would be legal issues by allowing my site to traffic the sale of parts??

Every other car forum site I belong to has a classified section, and I am regestered on at least 20 different car and truck sites (and no I don’t read them all daily, there is only about 5 I frequent every day). I am not saying that makes it right or anything. Just giving you some facts to help you decide! thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    the only thing I’m concerned with is if there would be legal issues by allowing my site to traffic the sale of parts??

Every other car forum site I belong to has a classified section, and I am regestered on at least 20 different car and truck sites (and no I don’t read them all daily, there is only about 5 I frequent every day). I am not saying that makes it right or anything. Just giving you some facts to help you decide! thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mopardude! Actually I’ve already started the Parts For Trade forum, and to be safe I’ve specified in the forum that it is only for people to find eachother, no financial transactions will take place on the site (right now at least, who knows in the future icon_wink.gif). Is this one of the sites you frequent every day? icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

Thanks Mopardude! Actually I’ve already started the Parts For Trade forum, and to be safe I’ve specified in the forum that it is only for people to find eachother, no financial transactions will take place on the site (right now at least, who knows in the future icon_wink.gif). Is this one of the sites you frequent every day? icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yes it is. Most of the sites I visit not to many locals.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

Yes it is. Most of the sites I visit not to many locals.

Do you think any of the users on the other forums would be interested in this site as well? Like you said this is kind of unique in that it is a local-based site too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    That is a good subject . Wether there are legal imploments for selling parts of your site .
    Know in my case with my site I am selling my self w00t.gif boy is that a bad thing? icon_eek.gif Anyways what would be wrong with selling some parts . Im sure if we left it up to the law makers there would be a list so long it would take up a good size hard drive. Myself I plan to sell , heck I believe thats what i might be in busness for . I think if you are hooking up Joe 1 with Joe 2 for parts they need what could be wrong with that . If I told a friend I saw a front bumper on line in another site wouldn’t that be the same thing. Now there might be a sales tax issue but if your in one state and he or she is in another you are not obligated to collect the tax from or for the other state . now sooner or later you have to figure on claiming your income no matter how small . But it is up to you to decide how to handle that . I meen your last name isn’t ebay right . :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Folks
    That is a good subject . Wether there are legal imploments for selling parts of your site .
    Know in my case with my site I am selling my self w00t.gif boy is that a bad thing? icon_eek.gif Anyways what would be wrong with selling some parts . Im sure if we left it up to the law makers there would be a list so long it would take up a good size hard drive. Myself I plan to sell , heck I believe thats what i might be in busness for . I think if you are hooking up Joe 1 with Joe 2 for parts they need what could be wrong with that . If I told a friend I saw a front bumper on line in another site wouldn’t that be the same thing. Now there might be a sales tax issue but if your in one state and he or she is in another you are not obligated to collect the tax from or for the other state . now sooner or later you have to figure on claiming your income no matter how small . But it is up to you to decide how to handle that . I meen your last name isn’t ebay right . :D

Right. The thing is I have an official disclaimer in the Parts For Trade section that specifically states that this site is only for matching people up who have the parts. Do you think it would be even better if I made it so people could actually make their transactions on here as well? Obviously this would probably require a liscense of somekind.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gar
    Maybe you could have them go threw Pay-Pal .Then it would be there transaction. If your not making any profit on it what would the liscense
    be for . Like I said it would be hard to tell what you actualy would need
    to do this 100% legal . I guess it would be like a yard sale ….are they 100% legal. :D

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.