Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Info/Advice on Car Show Scheduling Conflicts

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just noticed that the Blanchardville Car Show is the same weekend as Iola Old Car Weekend (07/09). I have hard to get motel reservations in Waupaca for the Iola weekend (I had planned to do Saturday and Sunday at Iola). I am thinking that I would like to participate at the Blanchardville show on Sunday.

Did anyone attend the Blanchardville show last year? If so, would it be worthwhile to change my Iola dates from Saturday/Sunday to Friday/Saturday, and get back down for the Blanchardville show on Sunday?

Thanks for your thoughts

Marshall

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I may have just started the process of answering my own questions. I did a search on the forum (believe it or not) and found the photo album for last years show. It looked like there was a heavy turn-out, with little or no shade and blazing hot temperatures for last years show. It also looked like there was a large number of high quality, first rate mustangs, to include Shelby’s, Boss 302s, convertibles and Mach Ones.

Marshall

GTO Man

We went to Blanchardville last year. There were alot of nice cars, but it was very hot. It seems to be a pretty serious show, they do a good job judging from what I saw, very thorough. There were some very nice Mustang’s there also. We kind of did the split shift last year, went to Iola thursday thru friday and went to Blanchardville on Sunday.

circletrack
    Participant

The Blanchardville show has always been held the same weekend as Iola, if I remember correctly, at least for the last few years. We’ve gone to Blanchardville and it’s always hot (it’s that time of year), but it’s a very nice show. Lots and lots of cars from Wisconsin and Illinois. The judging is tough, but if you walk away with a trophy you deserve it!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It was one of the better shows last year in my opinion. There were lots of good cars as well as many ones that we didn’t see at a lot of the other shows. Like GTO Man said it was hot but you get that at any show, they’re all under the same sun. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your thoughts. I did not do Blanchardville last year, so I would like to give it a go this year. I think what I will do is just do some shifting and go up to Iola on Friday/Saturday and plan on Blanchardville for Sunday.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a plan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.