Welcome Forum Car Shows Iola 2009:

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

I found this on the Iola site about the 2009 featured cars:

Independents & Imports

Theme not disrepectful to ‘Big Three’…
    The theme for IOLA ’09 – “Independents & Imports – Alternatives to the Detroit Three” was decided almost two years ago, long before the current troubling economic times with the United States and automobile industry. This theme was put in place to focus on many of the manufacturers that once competed with the “big three” such as Kaiser, Packard, and Studebaker. The theme also gives us a look into import vehicles reminding ourselves of the roots that the automotive history founding has. Karl Benz, a German industrialist is generally acknowledged as the inventor of the modern automobile. Having stated the above, by no means is the theme for IOLA ’09 out of disrespect to Chrysler, LLC, Ford Motor Company and General Motors. We sincerely hope for a better economy for our nation and a strong future for “The Big Three”. – Iola Old Car Show, Inc. Staff

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Who ever thought GM and Chrysler would be in the positions they are in a couple of years ago.

I will be up at Iola for a couple of days. One of the best shows in the country. Anyone else planning on going up, what parts you looking for?

Xman
    Participant

I’ve been going to Iola since 1982, wouldn’t miss it rain or shine. I’m not really looking for anything unless something jumps out at me..I just like looking at all the stuff. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I plan to attend this year. I am trying to get reservations at the Best Western in Waupaca for that weekend, but am on a waiting/will call list. My plan is to walk and look on Friday, and attend the VanDerBrink Auction on Saturday.

Unfortunately, if I do make it to Iola this year, I will miss the 2nd annual Ballweg Ford, All Ford Show in Sauk City on Saturday. :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

I go every year. Looking for a decent Lincoln ash tray for a 78 continental in Cordavon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My lodging has been confirmed at the Best Western. I was on a standby/will call list, and some of the regulars are going to miss this years show. I am especially interested in the vanderbrink auction on Saturday morning. I am going up on Thursday and need to get back Saturday night so that I don’t miss the Blanchardville Show on Sunday.

moparkid25
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    My lodging has been confirmed at the Best Western. I was on a standby/will call list, and some of the regulars are going to miss this years show. I am especially interested in the vanderbrink auction on Saturday morning. I am going up on Thursday and need to get back Saturday night so that I don’t miss the Blanchardville Show on Sunday.

Looks like you’ll be putting a few miles on that weekend :)

Blanchardville is always a good show, and thank gosh it wasn’t so hot last year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What exactly will be featured or highlighted at this vanderbrink auction?

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are no special feature cars or highlighted cars. Vanderbrink is a new auction service (at least new to Iola, they have a large following in South Dakota/North Dakota). They have some special price breaks this year for those who have cars in the car corral who will also give a go at selling over the auction. Vanderbrink will be listing the cars being sold at Iola on the vanderbrink website, sometime in June.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update! I’ll be sure and check back in June to see what the list looks like

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.