Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Latest "brush with greatness"

• Creator
    Topic
    RivFan
    Participant

I just returned from a meeting in LA this afternoon. I should have been home yesterday, but thanks to f_ck’n American Airlines icon_vomit1.gif , I got to waste 5 hours at LAX and spend part of the night in a rundown Holiday Inn Express in Dallas… but that’s subject matter for another post…

While at LAX watching the freak show of characters so common to the left coast, I experienced my latest “brush with greatness.” Waiting to board my delayed flight just arriving from Boston, I do a double take as I notice one of the passengers de-planing is a chic with a mullet. Now I don’t have anything against someone who wears their hair in that style, it’s just something that you tend to look twice at when you see it.

As I look at her, I get this strange feeling like I know her. After a split second, something clicks in my brain and I instantly realize it’s “Denise” from the TV show Survivor.

Survivor_Denise.jpg

Of course I have to say something to her, so with my quick intellect I come up with – “Hey, were you on Survivor?” Denise nods her head indiciating yes. I follow up my initial brilliance with the next thing that comes to mind – “Did you win?” To which Denise replies, “I can’t tell you.” And walks away.

So there you have it. A brief brush with greatness. Tomorrow night is the latest season of Survivor’s finale show, which explains why Denise would be traveling to LA. Maybe you have a recent “brush with greatness” you could share with the rest of us…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Cool story! I’ve watched every Survivor since it started, this season seems to be one of the better ones. I don’t think she’s going to win, and if she does ~ a slight makeover in the style department might be nice. :)

GTO Man

Interesting story, there definitely are some odd characters on the west coast. Air travel in this country has many issues. I have heard allot of the maintenance on the planes is done in India.

moparkid25
    Participant

Cool story Al, you met the country’s most popular lunch lady Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I’ve met a few celebrities, but the coolest one was Jesse James Dupree (Hey, he’s a celebrity to me). Drank a PBR with him after a Jackyl concert in Evansville last year, nice guy thumbsup.gif

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.