Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Leather Interiors

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Leather is a popular option for the interior of many cars. Some people love leather and wouldn’t live without it and others don’t care for it. Where do you stand, are you a leather lover? Also do you have leather in your current vehicle and do you notice any advantages/disadvantages?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Leather is something I never really considered, perhaps due to the hot Texas heat and the upkeep. All the cars I have ever own has been equipped with a cloth interior so it has never been a factor with me.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Leather is something I never really considered, perhaps due to the hot Texas heat and the upkeep. All the cars I have ever own has been equipped with a cloth interior so it has never been a factor with me.

Same thing with me, I’ve never had it so I can’t really compare it.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Never Had.

Now If you were talking about seats w/ springs, then we’d be in business. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have leather in my current car and love it. It’s soft as an old pair of calfskin gloves, and much better than vinyl in the summer thumbsup.gif

I just have to remind myself to armorall them whenever I clean the car.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Hey, that works as a reminder, glad WI Collector Car Could Help! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Quote:
    I have leather in my current car and love it. It’s soft as an old pair of calfskin gloves, and much better than vinyl in the summer thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the rule of thumb is to condition the leather in the car every 30 days. The only leather in my car is the steering wheel but it will soon be replaced with an aftermarkert piece.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I think the rule of thumb is to condition the leather in the car every 30 days. The only leather in my car is the steering wheel but it will soon be replaced with an aftermarkert piece.

You’ll have to shoot some before and after pics for us! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif Are you talking about your mustang?

Quote:

It just becomes part of the routine I suppose. We won’t mention what Ripper uses leather in his car for! icon_eek.gif

GTO Man

I have a some cars with leather and have really liked them. I think they are easier to keep clean.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have a some cars with leather and have really liked them. I think they are easier to keep clean.

Did you find that they wear easier as well?

GTO Man

Yes I do think that leather wears longer, in fact sometimes the older it gets the better it looks. But I would not buy a car because it didn’t have leather. None of the cars I have now have leather.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes I do think that leather wears longer, in fact sometimes the older it gets the better it looks. But I would not buy a car because it didn’t have leather. None of the cars I have now have leather.

Sounds like its a feature worth looking into! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love my leather interior. mmmm that fresh barn smell icon_wink.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Garibaldi wrote:
    Quote:
    You’ll have to shoot some before and after pics for us! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif Are you talking about your mustang?

Yes sir, you hit it on the nose. This is what I’m looking at minus the Cobra script.

CMsteeringwheel.jpg

The difference between this and the stock piece is that the diameter of the wheel is thicker and gives a better grip.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That grip is important when you find yourself handling those curves a wee bit faster than you should, something very easy to do in your mustang I bet! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Believe me more than I want to. The wheebase and weight distribution for this car is below par and although there are enhancements out there in the aftermarket to improve the handling, you can only do so much on a chasis platform based on a 78 Ford Fairmount.

The 05 Mustang have a longer wheelbase and better weight distribution so things are improving.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.