Welcome Forum Car Shows Lensing Autumn Classic

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What did you think of the Lensing Autumn Classic Car Show today in Rockton, Il?
    To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A ~ Easy to find, well marked
    Parking Location – A ~ In a field that was MOWED! Looked good
    Class Organization – C ~ The classes were too big, they need to work on this
    Trophies & Prizes – A ~ The trophies were very cool, a 50/50 raffle that was $280.
    Food – B ~ Typical food, it was good.
    Entertainment – A ~ I was impressed with the DJ, he wasn’t overly loud, played a good selection and had the speakers up high for everyone.
    Judging – N/A
    Dash Plaque – N/A
    Variety of Cars – A ~ Great! It’s always fun to go away from “home” and see others. I saw some cars today I’ve never seen before and some old favorites.
    Bathrooms – A ~ Plenty of porta potties and the buildings also had restrooms.
    Weather – A ~ OUTSTANDING!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A~ even earlier than the 4 I heard quoted.
    Entry Fee – C ~ Charging $5/person isn’t bad, but they also charged $5 for every spectator. I don’t think it’s fair to charge both, either one or the other.
    Overall Rating:B A very good show, the museum was an added bonus, you could spend hours in there! They’ve worked hard on this show and will continue in the future.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A~Right off the interstate couldn’t be easier
    Parking Location -A~Large grass field, lots of room to expand
    Class Organization -C~Classes are too big,a display only option would be nice to so you can park with friends who drive a different make or type of vehicle.
    Trophies & Prizes -B~Trophies were typical and no door prizes
    Food – A~ the pulled pork was REALLY good.
    Entertainment -A~ the DJ wasn’t over the top. However, the race stopper girls were… but thats not a bad thing, Hubba Hubba.
    ]Judging[/b] – B~show staff and volunteer
    Dash Plaque – C~ very average
    Variety of Cars -A+~the best variety of cars Ive seen all year
    Bathrooms – A
    Weather – A+~ not a cloud, not even one, all day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A~an hour early
    Entry Fee -B~ I was by myself and was charged $10, I think all show cars were $10
    Overall Rating:A-

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B+ Easy to find
    Parking Location – A Great location for a show, dry grass field, plenty of room
    Class Organization – C+ Classes were large.
    Trophies & Prizes – B From what I saw, pretty average.
    Food – N/A Did not have any
    Entertainment – A- Speakers were elevated which worked out great, DJ did a good job. Race Stopper girls should be at every show.
    Judging – C+ Has to be tough to judge large classes
    Dash Plaque – B On the smallish side.
    Variety of Cars – A Wide variety of very nice cars.
    Bathrooms – A- There were plenty and well placed.
    Weather – A Ideal weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A I had already left
    Entry Fee – B $10 which is typical this year
    Overall Rating:A- A very enjoyable show. On our way out of the show at the highway entrance, a black ’65 Corvette fastback(approximate) had just been in an accident. It looked like a couple of people were going to the hospital.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B – the way coming through Beloit on 213 was a bit tricky, but it was very well marked once we got there which was important because Metric Dr wasn’t by any means a main road
    Parking Location – A – great spots on the lawn, it was short grass and tons of space for the cars
    Class Organization – B – 1950 – 85 is quite large, but the did have many other classes like muscle cars that helped to filter it a bit
    Trophies & Prizes – A – seemed like lots of nice trophies, looked like chalices. 50/50 too
    Food – A – usual stuff plus a tiki bar, an interesting touch
    Entertainment – A – good music and the dj wasn’t on all the time. This show also used the idea of putting the speakers on a lift like Beloit to better reach everyone while making it unbearably loud right around the speakers
    Judging – A – saw a few judges walking around, didn’t notice any problems
    Dash Plaque – C – very small, but nice design
    Variety of Cars – A+! Not only was there a huge variety outside but the inside of the museum had many amazing cars – owned by Howard Huges, Johnny Cash, Elvis, presidential cars including the one JFK was assassinated in, the police car from the Andy Griffith Show, racing history, ect
    Bathrooms – A – lots of them
    Weather – A – fantastic weather, and especially good for October
    Trophy Presentation Timing – C – 4:00 seems kind of late
    Entry Fee – A – usual
    Overall Rating:A+ This was definitely one of the best shows of the year, if not the best. The huge variety of great cars, especially ones from Illinios that I hadn’t seen, plus everything in the museum and the weather made it an all together great day of cars!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.