Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Madison City Streets

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

The streets in this city are the worst I have ever seen. Use some salt on the streets before the storms. And during the storm and after, who cares about the lakes. Safety is more important than the sewers they call lakes in this city.

For the amount we pay in taxes shouldn’t we be able to expect semi cleared streets, not washboards. It is in-excuseable. This city sucks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,

Did you see today’s headlines? Our beloved Mayor Dave apologized for the mess that the streets are currently in. Wrong decision to neglect the main streets and concentrate on residential areas. It takes forever to get anywhere in this town!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s Madison, the small vocal minority rules the city. Progressive Dane. They only care about themselves, are not open to any other opinion and if you disagree with them you are the enemy.

Progressive Dane is the reason the city, and now the County, are in such a fucked up state.

moparkid25
    Participant

Ms. Moparkid and I went to her company Christmas party last night at Prime Quarter. Before we left, I asked her, “Should we take the truck? I haven’t been to Madison all week but I can imagine the streets are crap…” She opted to take the winter car, and IMO we should’ve had the truck. The streets are absolutely terrible!!! We were only on main roads, but I can imagine what side streets were like… This pisses me off because my Grandma lives on the west side and they don’t plow the streets.

Progressive Dane is working there way into the County Hwy Dept also. 18-151 only had one lane clear for two days, WTF? Iowa County plows there roads better by my house (I live on the county line) than Dane will.

Time for new county government. If you live in District 30, vote for Don Steinhauer in April :)

circletrack
    Participant

I travel Syene and Lacey Road every day and it’s a nightmare trying to get down either of them… There has been more accidents in the days following the snowstorm than the day itself… What idiots, I’m all for plowing residential streets and getting everyone out, but when you neglect University Avenue, East Washington Avenue, John Nolen and so many other major arteries ~ how stupid…

Let’s hope the sun helps us out this weekend, the City of Madison sure doesn’t.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Freezing rain coming and Madison Dave is saying all will be ok.

This should be a epic Monday of crashes.

Amigo2k

after plowing Madison roads for 75 yrs they decide to switch things up? Why? So they saved money on not using that much salt and made money writing tickets for folks getting into crashes ….. sound like a win win way to save money for the city (not).

http://host.madison.com/wsj/weather/article_d51699fe-5392-56dd-9996-9267a3e82db1.html

GTO Man

Mayor Dave’s apology is hollow. He hates cars so he doesn’t really care how bad the streets are in the winter.

GTO Man

I know someone who hit a pothole and took off their entire exhaust system form the manifold back. It cost $700 to get it fixed. Beware where you drive.

moparkid25
    Participant

Oregon and Edgerton were not much better this morning. This afternoon Oregon got the main drag cleaned up at least…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It seems better today. The major roads I drove on were all cleared off. Side streets were another story – some of the same ones actually seemed worse than they were yesterday!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.