Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Making a Statement?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Members of drunk driving task force resign.

Channel 3000 Story

I believe what they learned is that the lobbyists for alcohol abuse are too strong in this State. Unfortunately, the drinking culture in this State will probably never change, no matter how many lives are lost needlessly because of drunk drivers.

What can change this attitude, if anything?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

It seems curious that one of the individuals mentioned as having resigned from the task force was Maureen Busalacchi, wife of former DOT Secretary Steve Busalacchi. Now the current DOT Secretary is reaching out to her? That might be an interesting conversation, I’d think.

Alcohol and man have a long history together. I’m not sure what can (or will) change that much. It’s pretty pervasive. On a individual level, how many here can claim to have never been charged with DUI?

So long as businesses and individuals are allowed to spend virtually unlimited amounts on campaigns, the money (and lobbyists it buys) will probably make the decision. :sick:

moparkid25
    Participant
    MVRegistrationRights wrote:
    Alcohol and man have a long history together. I’m not sure what can (or will) change that much. It’s pretty pervasive. On a individual level, how many here can claim to have never been charged with DUI?

I’ve never been charged with a DUI. I plan to keep it that way too.

Its not worth the fine, and its not worth taking the chance of injuring myself or someone else.

Their used to be a day where the cops were the good guys and would give you a ride home (if they didn’t just follow you to make sure you made it home). As years passed, we have more traffic on the roads. We have stiffer penalties, which I agree with. What I don’t agree with is small town cops poaching outside of a bar for financial sport. Tavern owners and cops have fought this battle for years, and always will.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.