Welcome Forum Car Shows Mayville car show?

• Creator
    Topic
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Does anyone know if Mayville is having thier annual fall festival car show this year?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Here ya go! In October

2nd-5th: Audubon Days Festival! We have a lot going on! To list just a few, the 2008 Audubon Days Festival presents: a RUN & Walk, a Bike Tour through the Marsh, the WSL Audubon Arts & Crafts Gallery, a Car Show, a Gigantic Parade, the Taste of Our Town food court, (scrumptious), fabulous entertainment and much, much more FUN. It happens in the park along the river with a full bloom of fall color. It does not get better than that. See our website for the details of the Audubon Days Festival. http://www.audubondays.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went to this Mayville “Audobon Days” Car Show last year, and will not be going back this year, under any circumstances.

There were serious issues such as lack of organization, failure to abide by the terms of the show that were advertised on the show flyer, judging, etc., IMHO, last year.

Marshall

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Thanks Lordairguitar.

Yeah…the participant judging and organization is seriously flawed at this show, almost as flawed as the Heather’s Ripley Lake show, but the Audobon Days festival itself is what Im more interested in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “Audobon Days” Festival itself is certainly worthwhile. I remember walking away from the car show last year after my car was ready for judging and spending time away from the show field. I recall a nice selection and variety of food.

Marshall

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Yeah, lots of different food…and the actual park area is really nice.

It could be a phenominal show if the organization of it would be done right.

GTO Man

I was not impressed with the way the show was organized or judged last year either. That is a long way to drive from here to be disapointed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reminder!

Last year, GTO Man, Big Block, myself, and Dick Lehnherr drove up together and the four of us were all parked together.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Nick,

“Vote only in your class” means if you register your car in say class A. Then you will get a ballot to vote for 2 cars in class A only.

-Terry

That is the email I got when I asked what they meant by voting in your class only. I can see this being a really really really bad way of doing ballotting. Perhaps I wont be going to this one, even though its only 20 min from home for me.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.