Welcome Forum Car Shows Monroe

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, easy for me as I know the town quite well and have been there before
    Parking Location – B, normal for this show
    Class Organization – B
    Trophies & Prizes – B, a nice, small trophy this year!
    Food – A, ate at a new deli on the south side of the square, best food I’ve ever had in Monroe!
    Entertainment – B, 3d Sound again, thank the lord that it wasn’t that annoying lady DJ who I have complained about in years past!
    Judging – B, this year it was a judged show, not participant.
    Dash Plaque – Yes
    Variety of Cars – B, not as many in years past. $4 a gallon probably has something to do with that…
    Bathrooms – Plastic potties were located around the square
    Weather – Good for most of the show. DDhemi had to go find a car wash to park in since he didn’t bring his roof with him. We got back home about 6:30p dontknow.gif
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, on time and had a nice steady pace.
    Entry Fee – $12 at the gate, $10 pre-reg
    Overall Rating:B

Congrats to all my fellow forum members who won an award today! Cars were down in attendance this year, gas prices? This is a nice show in a town that has a lot to offer while your car is displayed!

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – No real issues for me.

Parking Location – Around the square, but they had you drive the wrong way to the angle they wanted you to park. They should of had folks park one right after the other to fill a row. There were times where there were cars 10 deep waiting to get in.

Class Organization – there were a bunch.

Trophies & Prizes – I took off at 11:30.

Food – it was the taste of Monroe so there was plenty. I had a malt at the corner shop.

Entertainment – The DJ from IL was there.

Judging – no clue

Dash Plaque – I was the 4th to register (showed up at 8am) and I didn’t receive one.

Variety of Cars – 110 where registered at 11:30; a good mix.

Bathrooms – plenty

Weather – Sunny.

Trophy Presentation Timing – na

Entry Fee – 12 bucks

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/m1.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/m2.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/m3.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/m4.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/monroepan.JPG[/img]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6TLWhVCQXM[/youtube]

RivFan
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B, signage directing show cars would be more helpful.
    Parking Location – B+, the downtown location is great, but as Amigo2k mentioned the parking set-up was a little weird. Not very organized with helping cars get parked.
    Class Organization – B
    Trophies & Prizes – B, small plastic trophies – your standard fare
    Food – A, had a full breakfast w/coffee at a local diner for $5.50! That’s my kind of place. Also, Taste of Monroe happening on the opposite side of the downtown square. Looked like a great variety of food.
    Entertainment – C, DJ from 3-D Sound Company. He continually droned on about Krispy Kreme donuts in the late afternoon. Very annoying. Decent variety of music played throughout the day however – not just the “oldies”
    Judging – B+, several local car show regulars stepped up to help with the judging. I thought they did a nice job.
    Dash Plaque – B+, I was car #7 and had to ask the folks at the registration table if they were giving any away this year. They had forgotten to get them out of the car! Sorry Amigo2k, you should have received one.
    Variety of Cars – B+, a nice mix – some you have seen before and some that you haven’t.
    Bathrooms – B+, no trouble finding a porta-potty.
    Weather – A-, the weather was gorgeous just about all day until about 3 PM when a storm blew in. The best part was driving from Mt. Horeb to Monroe in the morning. No one on the road and perfect weather!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, they were right on time and kept it moving
    Entry Fee – A, $12 – pretty standard and a fair price

A very enjoyable location for a car show. The organizers are a bit inexperienced, as I think there is a new group running the show. Hopefully people will not get discouraged and continue to patronize this show. Show car attendance was definitely down from previous years. Spectator traffic was very good. It was nice to see many forum members in attendance – moparkid25, GTOMan, Garibaldi, DDhemi. I will go back again next year…

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B- They didn’t have the signs out early enough for the early arrivals.
    Parking Location – B The parking was not as packed in as previous years. Like has been said they could organize that aspect better so people don’t have to turn around to park. It is a great setting around the Square.
    Class Organization – B Seemed to be good class organization.
    Trophies & Prizes – B Nice dash plaque and they were nice trophies.
    Food – A Great variety of food at reasonable prices. Had a good breakfast in the local diner and a hog roast sandwich later which was great.
    Entertainment – C Like RivFan said he talked to much. He must like hearing himself talk while nobody else does. I would of rather heard the band on the other side of the square.
    Judging – B
    Dash Plaque – B+
    Variety of Cars – B Good variety of cars from many different years.
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – B Weather was good until we got to Monticello. There it started to rain getting harder as we got toward Madison. In Verona it started pouring and it sounded like there may of been some hail. We missed nickle size hail by 4 minutes. I hope nobody got caught in any of those storms.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B Right when scheduled. We would of stayed for the whole thing if it wasn’t for the threatening weather to the north.
    Entry Fee – $12

This is always a fun show in a great setting. It was nice talking with everyone and I look forward to going back next year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – F – they did have 2 signs but after that it was a mystery of how to get in – this was especially a problem since the way you normally enter (for the past several years) was no longer the way to do it this year.
    Parking Location – A – around the town square, beautiful location
    Class Organization – C – okay but they had some very large classes and others with no cars
    Trophies & Prizes – B
    Food – A – excellent variety and even restaurants around the square. Moparkid, I tried the shakes and they are indeed excellent!!! :salut: icon_headbang.gif
    Entertainment – D – As others mentioned the DJ liked to talk about those Donuts that were coming
    Judging – B
    Dash Plaque – A
    Variety of Cars – A – excellent, many I had never seen before, a little over 100 cars in total
    Bathrooms – C – a good amount of portajohns but they were all on the other side of the square (from what I saw)
    Weather – A – nice day except the weather turned sour later in the afternoon
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A! excellent, right at 3 when they said and quick!
    Entry Fee – $10

moparkid25
    Participant

I guess I would have to change my vote about this DJ after other’s feedback. He did insult the Monroe police dept. on more than one occasion about those donuts, and he wouldn’t shut up about the fact they were in route to the square. However, I still don’t believe he was as annoying as the lady they had in years past.

Another incident that took place at this show should be discussed, and maybe the car show thread is the right place. People should not set up sun tents where they cannot be secured to the ground. Did anyone else see the Thespians’ tent take to flight and cream that silver SSR? To say that guy was pissed is an understatement. I was talking with a good friend of mine from Monroe at the moment this happened, and he was just telling me how anal the guy is with ALL of his vehicles. After the tent hit his truck, you could see pure hatred in this guy’s eyes, I can’t say I blame him…especially when I’ve been known to blow up a time or two icon_cheesygrin.gif He called the police down to file a report. Not sure what happened after that. DDhemi brought up a good point about the waivers we all have to sign not holding anyone responsible for an accident. The truck owner or his insurance company can’t go back after anyone to get the vehicle fixed. Another good point made was that these “Thespians” should have known better about placing there display near the show cars. It’s an unfortunate situation that could have been resolved had someone used there head.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.